Thread: Man in russia found to be growing Fir Tree in his lungs.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Man in russia found to be growing Fir Tree in his lungs.

http://www.russiatoday.com/Top_News/...:shoed::shoed:

A young man from the capital of Russia’s Udmurtian Republic was diagnosed with cancer, and had to undergo an operation which revealed the shocking truth – he had no cancer but… a tree growing in his lung.

It sounds like a story from Burger’s Adventures of Baron Munchhausen, when the eccentric Baron shot a cherry stone at a deer and it sprang into a cherry tree on the deer’s head.

For 28-year-old Artyom Sidorkin, though, it was no fun at all.

As Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper found out, he often had chest pains, and was coughing up blood.

An X-Ray showed a new growth in his lung, and doctors were certain it was a cancerous one.

Fortunately, when they dissected Artyom’s chest, it was decided to cut out a small piece first, and to carry out an express biopsy test. The doctor made an incision in the lung and saw… a fir tree.

“I thought it was a hallucination,” said Vladimir Kamashev, deputy head doctor of the Udmurtian oncology hospital that was carrying out the operation. “I said to my assistant – come here and take a look…it seems as if there was a fir tree there…!”

The assistant later confessed that at the first moment he thought that Kamashev went mad.

The sprout appeared to be 5 cm long. Doctors are shocked – they say Artyom could not breathe in or otherwise ingest the twig.

It means he somehow sniffed the seed – and it sprouted inside his body.

“To tell the truth, I didn’t feel I was carrying some foreign object inside me – and moreover that it was growing. But it was very painful,” Artyom said.

The piece of lung containing the fir tree was put into a special solution, as it is a unique exemplar.
    Don't know weather or not to believe this one.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Man in russia found to be growing Fir Tree in his lungs.

Interesting... I've heard of similar things happening before and I've definitely heard of much weirder things than this, so I'm skeptical but inclined to believe it.

I think it might be possible that he could of inhaled a seed, or something like that, which was probably close to sprouting, which would explain the growth with the lack of sunlight. Not sure how, but It could of just been living off of him and his internal liquids or something after the initial sprouting?

The reason for the plant being so green in such a sunlight lacking environment could be do to plants already containing chlorophyll from the get-go? The plant probably wasn't old enough to exhaust the supply of chlorophyll already contained within it and so remained green. Which kind of makes sense, because photosynthesis can't happen without chlorophyll and chlorophyll is whats responsible for plants being green, so it must of had its only supply of it already built in, otherwise plants would never have a chance to grow anywhere.

So thats my attempt at an explanation. It simply wasn't old enough to suffer from such an extreme environment and it grew to be so large because of the supplies it had naturally from birth, and so it used that as much as it could. It would of eventually died though, once it exhausted its built in supply reserves of this and that, and thus would require photosynthesis to continue on living, which it wouldn't be able to get.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

5cm.. which is around 2 inches.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

bloody hell, that's strange.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Strange indeed. I submitted it to Snopes.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Pictures or it didn't happen?!
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”