Thread: Paint Schemes - Need help deciding which to use

Fresh Paint

Default Paint Schemes - Need help deciding which to use

First i'd like to say hello since im new to the forum so....Hey , anyway,
    i've been drawing a bunch of concepts to figure out which paint scheme i should use and what should go on the side windows of my case. I like the idea of having an Archon as my side window but i can't find any concept art of an Archon. The main theme of the project is Starcraft Archons (Dark and Regular) oriented since the case was an Alien case. If you don't mind, tell me which paint scheme you like most and feel free to comment on anything else. Thanks ahead of time.

P.S. Also, if you could, tell me what you think of the cover of the drive bays, im still wondering if that looks good. Thx.

Default Re: Paint Schemes - Need help deciding which to use

Welcome to TBCS!
    And i must say i love the Archon theme.
    My personal favourite is the first of the three black/silver combinations. As i think having the front red symbol completely over black would look better. That and the diagonal paint job will realy strike it out from the rest.

ATX Mental Case

I'm with Xato on this one. The first of the three gets my vote. One little suggestion on it though, is that you should go diagonally from corner to corner, letting the red "eye" peak into the silver a little, may make for a cooler effect and better contrast. I love the theme though. The archons are bad-ass.

Fresh Paint

Thank you Xato and AceX for posting a reply, it really does help.
    With your opinions in mind i decided to sketch out two more diagonal designs, one with the Red Eye taking over the blue( i think this is what you suggested AceX) and one a little more dominant of black but with the eye still the same color. Again any opinions would be appreciated. Also just as a little teaser, i got some thumb screws to which im going to use on this case which you can see here http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-skull-thumbscrew.html (i might need a worklog if this keeps up lol).

P.S. If anyone would like to edit the file im using to make these variant paint colors personal message me. The file is a Flash 8 file( probably complaint with any flash) and if you need the program you can download a trial from macromedia's website.

ATX Mental Case

Thats close to what I was thinking about. Try and do one where the black goes from corner to the opposite corner, making the red eye intrude into the white/silver area. It might give more of a sense of balance, but also show that the dark archon is slightly more dominate.