Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Battlestar Galactica Mod

Modding the World, One Case at a Time Boddaker's Avatar

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Mod

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    I was curious about your side lcd. How did you get signal to it and could you link to it on moddersmart, I can't find it.
    The side LCD is connected to an EVGA USB video card. It has a different driver than the main cards, and it fired right up first time with no problems. I have it mounted inside the hard drive cage area, hidden from sight. It was one of the last things I did during my feverish scramble to finish the case for the show, so I don't have pics of it.
    Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

Ok, for all of you who were waiting for a blast door video, I have sad news. I had to scrap the blast door idea. However, I didn't give up! I took a step back, regrouped, made more changes to the rollers, and made an airlock door instead. Mind you, it's not without its flaws. It still produces inconsistent movement and I'm not 100% confident in its operation, which is why I didn't mention it to the judges at Nvision. But it works!

Here's a video I made detailing the DVD drive and the airlock. Enjoy!

Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

Ok, this is cool... SciFi.com's sister site DVICE got wind of my case and did their own article.
    http://dvice.com/archives/2008/10/battlestar_gala.php

What's even cooler is that SciFi put a linky right on their BSG home page!
    http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

"Somewhere between Earth, the Galactica, and awesome, lies the Battlestar PC..." lol

Thanks for everything guys!
    Things have been going great for BSG lately. I've got a couple things to announce:
    As I'm sure most of you know, BSG was nominated for "Mod of the Year" on Bit-Tech. You can check it out here. Even if I don't win, just being nominated is truly an honor in and of itself!

In other news, I just found out that BSG will be featured on a Canadian TV show!
    "The Circuit", which airs on SPACE, will feature BSG in an upcoming episode on January 16th to commemorate the laast half of the final season of BSG premiering that same day. Should be pretty cool, I wish I could receive Canadian channels lol.

Here's the segment on BSG from "The Circuit" TV show that aired last Friday:

Thank you Spyrious! The led's that light up the optical drive are on constantly. I had aspirations of making them light up only when a disc is inserted, but never got around to it. Most standard 5 1/4" bay drives actually have disc-in, disc-out headers on their pcb, and there is a worklog on Bit-Tech by someone showing how to utilize them for lighting purposes, but I can't seem to find it right now. The slimline drive I used was difficult to work with though. Its pcb is buried underneath all the actuating arms so I couldn't get to it to see if it had any headers like that. So my thought was to mount a momentary switch at the drive's entrance so it would be depressed by the disc, turning the lights on when inserted and off when ejected.