Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swine Flu

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Default Re: Swine Flu

Though the mortality rate might be low the whole thing about the "swine flu" (which soon will not be called that) is how fast it is moving. There are outbreaks all around the world and that this has some of the same DNA as the "Avian flu". I personally don't believe it will be the next spanish flu but we need to be careful around people. I personally like virus and parasites and prions just microbiology in general...
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

fool-proof way of telling if you do or don't:

http://doihaveswineflu.org/

and actually on subject: well gee george, it sounds like the normal flu except a bit more of a PITA, but with such a low mortality rate, even if it WAS close (it's not. not even.) I'd be pretty happy with my chances.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

You guys have got to view the page source. Funny stuff. Easter Eggs FTW!

Seriously though, this is being so far blown out of proportion, its no wonder some people are taking it as a joke.

Under a hundred people OUT OF SIX BILLION have died! PANIC!

400,000 people EVERY YEAR die from tobacco. I don't see anyone freaking out about that....

Granted, tobacco isn't a contagious disease that when caught, has the chance to kill you. It also doesn't spread easily from human to human...

Anyways, wake me back up when it actually becomes a serious threat, not just a possible one.

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

The Swine Flu thing is complete BS

All of the dead in Mexico were suffering pre-existing medical conditions such as HIV, heart failure or pulmonary problems. The one baby who died in the US was born three months premature and had pulmonary problems.

It's a standard H1N1 flu ... basically the same one that kills 10,000 Americans every year. You may have noticed they have started calling it H1N1 instead of Swine Flu in the press because .. guess what .. this variant has never been found in a pig.

This is a rehearsal by the World Health Organisation or just another media hyped scare tactic.

Everyone else who contracted it and is in the UK or elsewhere is suffering mild flu like symptoms .... ordinary flu ... ordinary flu kills the weak .. so does this.

And stop blaming the pigs !!! lol

CB

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post

...this variant has never been found in a pig.

And stop blaming the pigs !!! lol
    Too bad no one told Egypt about that eariler!

Epic Fail!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I've tried killing some of the hype that's around me because it's rather annoying to hear... but people won't hear my opinion on this and take theirs as truth. Oh well, their fear, their panics, pretty much their problem. *shrug*

I wonder how people would react if I went around wearing a full-body HAZMAT suit. Probably not very well, hehe.