Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: Swine Flu

Quote Originally Posted by cvitullo View Post
    This is going to be exactly like Bird flu and every other health scare, nothing's really going to come of it. Stats I found say that 152 people have died, and there have been ~3000 possible cases of it. That's a pretty low mortality rate imo. Also, there are only 200+ people in New York that *might* have it, the odds you'll catch it from them/something they touched are pretty low. Only 57 confirmed cases of it in the entire US.

Sorry, it bugs me when there's some new disease scare. It's always just scare tactics on the part of the media.
    It is a low mortality rate but it spreads very readily human to human and also people who are not normally seen as a danger group are catching it and dieing. We nourished people fit people in their 20-30s. Unlike bird flu which didn't really spread human to human.
    Need a sig

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Hooray!

http://www.kxly.com/Global/story.asp?S=10259666

Oh ****.

http://www.kxly.com/Global/story.asp?S=10275869

This is why I don't listen, watch or read the news. One day it says there is no swine flu here, TWO DAYS later it says its here. Great. How the hell did it spread so far up north so fast?? So lame.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I'm not worried about it. If I get sick I'll just go to the doctor and see what I can do that doesn't involve overuse and abuse of antibiotics and antibacterial stuffs.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    Has everybody heard the news about Swine flu? http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...53P1TK20090426 It has killed like 80 people in Mexico and has spread to the US and Canada. They also think it might be in France and New Zealand. I hope everybody stays safe. Also maybe thinking about getting some surgical style masks to wear if you are in a environment with lots of people such as public transport or retail.

Here is a good FAQ http://www.smh.com.au/world/global-a...0427-ajjo.html
    Masks don't help as much as people think they do. The best defense against swine flu is proper hygiene. Wash your hands!
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

From what I understand, masks don't do much at all for people who don't have it, however if a person who does have it wears one, it helps prevent them from spreading it. I could be wrong though. And yes, the best prevention is always just taking proper care of yourself. This whole thing is conflicting. The media keeps blowing it up, but I'm thinking it's really not as big of a deal as some might think.

Hm, apparently there are two suspected cases in my county. Getting a little close.
    AMD 64 X2 6000+ at 3ghz
    2GB RAM
    Diamond ATI Radeon HD 3850 512 MB

eee PC 1000HA with 2gb RAM, 250gb HDD

This is just sensationalism. The media will just grab a hold of whatever they can.

You think swine flu is your biggest worry? Wrong. It's me.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    This is just sensationalism. The media will just grab a hold of whatever they can.

You think swine flu is your biggest worry? Wrong. It's me.

-Dave
    No lie people. Dave has an army of midgets and donkey's AND HE'S NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I'm gone from this place for so long, and then come back to see the tales of Dave and his donkey midgets still run rampant.

Dave is right, this is just the news.
    You know just how like mass effect was a sex simulator.
    Anything for ratings