Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get JUST the cables for a modular power supply? Especially UV or neon.

Question Where can I get JUST the cables for a modular power supply? Especially UV or neon.

Im gettting a new PSU and am going modular for two reasons, I am buiding this new system with an acrylic case and I absolutely HATE having all those exra wires hanging around.

The problem is that I have found a power supply I like but I dont like the cables that come with it. The power supply with cables I like has problems from what I have read so Im not getting it. I would like to find somewhere that sells the cables for modular PSU's separately. I woulld prefer UV reactive or at least a bright neon orange or pink.

A company called PowerRight has some real badass looking cables with their modular PSU's but the PSU's themselves aren't that appealing to me. Plus none of them are SLI or even have PCI-E plugs on them and I'm not going to feed my SLI setup with a bunch of molex connectors.

Yeah I know I could just resleeve all the cables on a PSU I get but I dont want that headache. I will aready have enough sleeving to do when I go to putting this thing together.
    http://www.pcextreme.com/catalog/sku/psu-50.html check it out.

So if anyone knows where I can find some of these for sale on their own please let me know.

A big pet peeve I have about a lot of these modular cables is that for some stupid reason whoever makes them doesn't bring the sleeving all the way to the ends. This looks cheap and stupid to me. Any modular cables I get MUST cover all of the wires from connector to connector like the ones visible in the above link.

BTW, I meant to say MODULAR in the title NOT MODUAL

Thanks in advance.

Dude...totally!

Default Re: Where can I get JUST the cables for a modual power supply? Especially UV or neon.

i know that xoxide has something close to what youre looking for. the only thing is, i dont know what the connectors look like, so i couldnt tell you if they would work for your powersupply or not. i think that theyre mostly regular molex connectors at one end and specific connectors at the other. but its worth looking into.
    http://www.xoxide.com/wireadaptors.html

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Where can I get JUST the cables for a modual power supply? Especially UV or neon.

I've seen power supplies that you can select what cables you need. I think you would need UV sleeving for the cables though, but it's the best wire management solution I've seen so far.

Water Cooled

Default Re: Where can I get JUST the cables for a modular power supply? Especially UV or neon.

have you checked out the OCZ modular power supplies. They may meet all your requirements to the T
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Case Wizard

Default Re: Where can I get JUST the cables for a modular power supply? Especially UV or neon.

Most companies send all of the cables you will need with the PSU. There is no standard on how they connect so getting one Modular PSU and putting the plugs on another could have the 12 & 5V rails wrong. Or not fit at all.

I understand the issue with the Acrylic cases. Just becarefull and dont get a cheap PSU. (OCZ is worth looking at)

Anodized

Ultra has the X-Connect and they sell just the wires
    http://www.ultraproducts.com/category.php?cPath=12

Im acutly going to be selling my two X-connect PSU's prolly sometime this month I realy like them other then the one fact that if u unhook the wires to maney times they clip wheres down and u have a hard time hooking them up other then that it never let me down

the PSU's im selling will be 400 watt 1 never been use other ive used on a few rigs and i think its missing some of the cables incase ur intrested
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement
    Ultra has the X-Connect and they sell just the wires
    http://www.ultraproducts.com/category.php?cPath=12

Im acutly going to be selling my two X-connect PSU's prolly sometime this month I realy like them other then the one fact that if u unhook the wires to maney times they clip wheres down and u have a hard time hooking them up other then that it never let me down

the PSU's im selling will be 400 watt 1 never been use other ive used on a few rigs and i think its missing some of the cables incase ur intrested
    under no circumstances would i buy an x-connect, they are unreliable and have faulty rails.

If you want modular, get an ocz modstream, or the one ythat antec makes. Also if you want you can mod your psu to be modualr by using a kit that frozen cpu sells.

edit: judgement, im not trying to ruin your sale, just informing the buyer.

Anodized

under no circumstances would i buy an x-connect, they are unreliable and have faulty rails.

If you want modular, get an ocz modstream, or the one ythat antec makes. Also if you want you can mod your psu to be modualr by using a kit that frozen cpu sells.

edit: judgement, im not trying to ruin your sale, just informing the buyer.

ive been running one for almost a year and never had any problems with it ive never had any problems with any ultra products
    but ill be more carefull now thanks for the heads up
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

I went with the x-2 connect from Ultra. Its a nice PSU.

To the guy trashing Ultra's PSU's. I don't care what you get, whether it be from a pair of shoes, to a car, to a computer component, there is ALWAYS going to be someone out there with a negative opinion about it.

With that said, every single review that I have read speaks positively about this PSU and I have no doubt that it will perform flawlessly for me as well.

Thanks.

Water Cooled

good luck!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown