Thread: STOP taking hydroxycut

Default STOP taking hydroxycut

heard about it on the news and remember a thread on it a while back.

http://www.boston.com/business/healt...t_immediately/

and here is their own site with a recall.
    http://www.hydroxycutinformation.com/

thought i would post it.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: STOP taking hydroxycut

Interesting... So out of a sold 9 million products over a span of 7 years, 23 people have ended up having serious liver related problems.

More than likely these are people who have abused the product, either by taking more than whats recommended or by taking it for extended periods of time.

In any case, I don't see why this would be a problem. Its like recalling peanut butter cookies because some people are allergic to them. Its kind of ridiculous to recall a product because 23 people over a span of 7 years and out of millions of people who have tried and/or use the product developed problems.

oh well, no such thing as a miracle pill I guess. Hydroxycut does work, but it does seem to be a chancy product from what I've heard/read. I've not noticed anything as of yet from taking them, but for example, my brothers girlfriend used to take hydroxycut and she said it made her irritable and kind of "loopy", whatever that means.

Thanks for the heads-up Spawn! I wasn't planning on purchasing anymore, but this definitely confirms that decision.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

also note that 1 person did die.

FDA officials said they have received 23 reports of liver problems, including the 2007 death of a 19-year-old boy living in the Southwest.
    it doesn't sound like that much and with how many were sold i too think its a bit overkill. unless they know for sure all 23 people did not abuse the product. i have a feeling they do because i don't think they would drop the whole line like that.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Why was a 19-year-old taking diet drugs? That just doesn't seem smart to me. Just like putting anyone under 25 or so on antidepressants and other types of neuro****ing drugs. Oh hay! I has a prooblorm with someding! Lemme pop dem dar pee-ullz to feex ot! Durr!

"There is a pill for everything but human stupidity."
    -Not sure where I got that from.