Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone please walk me through file sharing over a wireless connection?

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Can someone please walk me through file sharing over a wireless connection?

Oh. Work Group is the same. Don't know about the subnet.

Default Re: Can someone please walk me through file sharing over a wireless connection?

Well, if they are all sharing the same internet connection/router, then they are likely all in the same subnet also.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Overclocked

I think it would be the fact that the laptop is running home premium. As far as I know, the home premium version doesnt use password protected file sharing. It only uses simple file sharing using the guest account. If the guest account doesnt have permission to view the share, it wont see the files.

The best thing to do would be to create a sync relationship between the laptop and one/both of the hardwired PCs. Basically, the files are stored on the actual pc's, but are also on the laptop, and the laptop version replaces the desktop version every time it is auto synced (normally on shutdown).
    Current Mod
    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz (Overclock Not Tested)
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz GOLD XTC Memory
    Samsung HD502HI 500GB Hard Drive SATAII - Green Drive
    Zotac 9800GT Synergy Edition 512MB DDR3
    Artic Power 500W PSU
    Gigabyte GA-M57 SLI-S4 Rev. 2.0

can you ping the laptop from the desktops?

maybe try mapping a network drive?

I have had this problem in the past and figured it out, but I don't remember how now. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Have you into gone into the Network Sharing Center in Vista on the laptop and turned on file sharing AND public folder sharing? Filesharing is clearly working, SMB is working and the Netbios over TCP is going - it's the laptop blocking the desktop from seeing any resources at some level.

Oh .. and the shared Vista folders may be accessible from "My network places" even though the machine may not appear on the Network.

CB

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

You can always just use WMP for sharing? It's eye friendly at least. :oP

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I have tried everything. I still can pull files from the other computers via laptop but can see or move nothing from the laptop via the other pcs. Its ok though as I mainly use the laptop for internet and photo backup while in transit from on location shoots. I don't store anything long term on the laptop.

Right click on the folder/files you're sharing. Go to properties, and then the sharing tab. Make sure you have the box checked that says "Allow network users to change my files". Should be set after that.