Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Headphone Jack pinout or repair manual

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Headphone Jack pinout or repair manual

If it is just the pin inside the jack thats bent, what about a piece of plastic in there to break the connection? I can't think of what their called, but they look just like a headphone jack but are plastic.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Tried that with dental tools and no dice this connection is completely encased except for the contacts that go into the mobo. If I had a pinout I could simply jump this and not have to worry about it anymore. If I could source the connector I would replace it all together.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Anybody else got any ideas on this on what two pins to jump to get my speakers working?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Anodized

Wait a sec, if as you say there's a pin touching something inside then you don't want to jump the contacts, you want to break it. You could try de-soldering the whole connector mount from your board. Just be sure not to leave excess solder on any connectors (bridging).

If I bypass the switch by jumping it, it would allow the signal to still go to the speakers even if I had head phones plugged in. That is not an ideal situation for most people however for me this is the perfect solution. By jumping the connectors it defeats the switch.

Anodized

Is there mechanical switch there too, or are you talking about the piece touching the pin?

The inside of the jack has a mechanical switch in which when you push the male end of the headphone connector in, it trips the switch which routes the signal through the headphones instead of out to the speakers.

Anodized

Ah ha, I think I get it now. Hmmm, I've taken one of these off before but I can't seem to find it in my junk pile... I mean spare parts collection. Have you tried using an ohm meter or continuity detector on a few pads under the rectangle?

You would be a savior and a saint if you had one of these connectors, it is a through hole solder 5 post with two posts on each side and one on the back aide which I have not been able to fond anywhere it's also a alimline piece unlike most connectors or all connectors with this type of pin config.

May want to try the Data-Sheet search engine. Or PDF Searcher.
    I can usually find what i am looking for this way instead of paying for them elsewhere.