Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quad SLI

Anodized

Default Re: Quad SLI

Originally Posted by public_eyesore
    can you say engineers make sure its made so it doesnt overheat?

Originally Posted by Aero
    thats what they say about stock heatsinks that come with CPU's.
    and all the old PSU's with the fans that used to blow the hot air into the nearly sealed (stock) case with only 1 or no venting fan i must have fliped atleast 20 of them for friend/family
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Anodized

they have too much free time on thier hands to build that, but i wouldnt mind having all that for myself

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_RA
    I actually had a good laugh when i saw the size of this card.
    http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=195
    Yea, the size of those cards reminds me of the old days when I used to work on Intergraph computers that had dual CAD PCI cards with a whopping 80MB of video memory on each card! Still got some of those behemoths somewhere around here...

Fresh Paint

WTF! WHY?! Ok, Ill give them some credit for having 2 GB of VIDEO MEM! But what are you needing 2 GB of memory for? Well besides EQ II which still wont run at max performance. I would buy this product if 5 years, because by then we will probably need cards at 2 gb mem to run most of the market games. I am running 7800 GTX SLI at 512 MB and it runs perfect for everything, a little hot but still its the best thing I have ever expierenced along with my x2 processor. Damnet NVIDIA why do you have to do this to us.

why do u care, u already got a sweet setup. Now the richest of the rich can have the most emersive gaming experience possible.

Rankenphile

Yup, eyesore. Exactly as immersive as lastweeks rig, and at only 6x the cost!

I dont understand some of you people. Who cares how much sombody pays for it. If they get it and are happy with it whats the problem? Im sorry if i sound stupid, but it just irks me.

Quote Originally Posted by lastweek
    Damnet NVIDIA why do you have to do this to us.
    Why does Ferrari build street cars that can do 180mph? A car that is well over a million dollars. A car that costs 24K to do a brake job, or 1200 to change the oil?? WHY.. Because they can! And there is somebody out there that WILL buy it. There is always some one out there that will pay to have something that others don't. I guess you could call it bragging rights. All I know is its fun to see what they can come up with.. and who knows a few weeks/months/years down the road we may all get to cash in on the technology they are playing with now at a price that is reasonable to us..

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe
    Why does Ferrari build street cars that can do 180mph? A car that is well over a million dollars. A car that costs 24K to do a brake job, or 1200 to change the oil?? WHY.. Because they can! And there is somebody out there that WILL buy it. There is always some one out there that will pay to have something that others don't. I guess you could call it bragging rights. All I know is its fun to see what they can come up with.. and who knows a few weeks/months/years down the road we may all get to cash in on the technology they are playing with now at a price that is reasonable to us..
    Thank you, those are my feelings exactly. it just anoys me how people say they at them or what they are doing is stupid. Its not genius, but its pretty damn cool

The olny reason he's mad is because nvidia comes up with new and more powerful video cards everyday and no one will buy them beacue that already bought the last one like he did and so he olny had the bragging rights for his being the best for a few months.