Thread: Built in speakers - DIY

ATX Mental Case

Default Built in speakers - DIY

ey up.

i'm building an 'all in one' PC and i've inherited a pair of old PC speakers, sans case.
    We're not talking quality here, but with my musical ear, well, we're not talking quality there either.

Seeing as the case will be made of fairly heavy wood - 20mm thick pine, should i just cut two holes in the front and screw the speakers on, or do they need some sort of internal 'boxing' arrangment to project sound outwards and prevent rattle/reverb off the various metal parts inside the case?

Default Re: Built in speakers - DIY

how big are the speakers? are we talking the 3" or 4" old school internal speakers? if so I would just make sure they are tightly fastened to your case. they aren't going to be pumping out any bass, so they aren't really gonna rattle anything. now for better sound, a case around them would probably be a good idea. but as far as rattling goes, if the speaker itself is tightly secured its not going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

ATX Mental Case

umm, two speakers of 2" diameter?

looks embarrased.

Building an enclosure behind the speakers is a good idea, but not essential. It will definitely help you get better sound from them.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro