Thread: How Do I Get Sponsors?

Default How Do I Get Sponsors?

I am an inexperienced modder, but I know that I can be a good one. I just do not have any money to buy parts and pieces, to build a modded computer. Asside from having a "portfolio" of work and completed projects, how would I get people to sponser me?

Walter
    Despite your intelligence, you’ll make a perfect soldier. Save the good ones for Harvard, and send the rest to die.

Default Re: How Do I Get Sponsers?!

JohnyFive wrote some great suggestions on gaining sponsors. Here is the thread: http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...hlight=sponsor

I hope that helps =]

Default Re: How Do I Get Sponsors?

There's also an excellent article over at Bit-Tech on how to get sponsored.
    Short version: It helps loads to have done some mods already, and you have to consider how it helps the company.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

You treally need to go to LANS and win the modding contests there. I've built many computers with no sponsors because I don't take my computers to any events
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Overclocked

you dont need top of the line stuff to start out why not start modding in the used market or with stuff you already have and once you got some cool stuff you can approach companys calling works best and send them your proflio that way they can see what you got and if they like it they might give you deals on stuff or even send you free stuff.. Start small and wait for it to catch momentum.. Like people doing reviews.. starts small and gets bigger and bigger as they add stuff when they can and it just snowballs..

Also Look at it this way... just because you want to mod something and make something cool if you have no experance and have nothing to show why would a company want to sponser you its almost pointless to them unless they can see something cool and if it gets popular then there stuff gets highlighted look at this cool case mod with quad sli ect.. people go thats cool and I want that then they go get it

And talking to them the worse thing they can say is no.. so worth trying anyways..

EVGA has the "Mod Rigs 1K Sponsorship"
    Program terms, and conditions are located here.

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

I wish western digital would sponsor me. Fill my hdd bays!!
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Hardware View Post
    I wish western digital would sponsor me. Fill my hdd bays!!
    I wish I would have purchased Western Digital stock when it was around $10 per share. it is up over $30. You would not need to worry about sponsors if you made that kind of gain.

I believe that is it probably time to get your money out of stocks now. I'm afraid I have no advice on how to get a sponsor, but everyone else's advice looks pretty solid.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xpirate View Post
    I wish I would have purchased Western Digital stock when it was around $10 per share. it is up over $30. You would not need to worry about sponsors if you made that kind of gain.

I believe that is it probably time to get your money out of stocks now. I'm afraid I have no advice on how to get a sponsor, but everyone else's advice looks pretty solid.
    Actually now is the time to invest. We are beginning to climb out of the recession and after every recession there is always a decent boom in the economy. Buy low now while everything is still low and sit on it for 4-5 years and cash out then. I have a CD this is going to mature in another month. I am thinking about investing it. This is a discussion for another thread though.