Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Project: Outpost 948

Default Re: Project: Outpost 948

well, heres alittle update as to why there has been a lack of updates. Ok, first off my family and I are leaving for Canada tomarrow morning, so theres been alot of packing and finding stuff. But more importantly, last weekend was my grandparents 50th Anniversery! We had a party/family reunion. I have been aiding in the cleaning of the house for about a week before that so I had no time to go shopping for router bits. Also last weekend was my friends birthday, which me and another friend planned so I was helping find gifts/food/people for that. Well, thats how its been. I will be in Canada for about a week, but will jump right into the project when I get back. So look for more then!

Please forgive my spelling and grammer. I havn't been getting alot of sleep so I'm sure its really sloppy.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

We will all ways be here waiting for the next installement. Stay safe dont get eaten by a moose!!!
    Need a sig

Fresh Paint

wow aero looks great so far. The coke can and bread pan made me laugh. I'm new to modding and that coke can gave me an idea. I'm going to see if I can find one of those old (but cheap) vending machines and see what I can do with it.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...ck%20front.JPG

Maybe something like that. My dad has some old vending machines lying around and if I can finally get some mod tools maybe I can get something unique, but simple for a first mod. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, what did you use for the rock molding? That stuff looks sweet!
    Will take any of your advice for modding!

HaHa thanks DukeNuke. Sounds like a good idea. You can mod anything with time and some good ideas (the latter isn't the problem though ).

The rock molds are just molds for model train sets. The stuff used to make the rocks is simply Bondo (Auto Body Filler), its really cool, because the reaction from the filler creates heat. And you need to wet the mold so it falls out easy, but the heat vaporizes the water, so you have steaming mold/rocks for about 15 sec after you pull them out .

Fresh Paint

Simply put that is sick dude. Oh and I checked with my dad, no more vending machines like that. I guess he sold them awhile back (my mom and dad are split so i dont talk to him much). Oh well. It wouldn't be much of a mod anyways besides the case. All I'd do was stick the stuff in and cut a few holes for fans/wiring. I don't have money for any materials or tools yet so I won't be albe to get started for awhile now. I like nascar though and I'd love to do a dale earnhardt theme, anyone know of any?

Oh and if you are still doing the runway (kind of lost track in all the posts), why not use LEDs to make it more realistic. A brightened runway guiding planes in.

http://treadly.thingoid.com/assets/runway-lights.jpg

Get some strips of LEDs and you can make it happen.
    Will take any of your advice for modding!

Looking great man, my favorite part so far is the crazy window cut you have. It just looks so clean with that white coat