Thread: BF2 BSOD in Vista 32-bit

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

Default BF2 BSOD in Vista 32-bit

Hey guys... So everything was fine the other day...
    I just recently reinstalled BF2 on my computer after some time away from the game. The game played fine in it's original state (not updated to the latest 1.41 patch) and then I installed the SF expansion and patched the game. Now it won't play.

I can enter the game, select a multiplayer game, the game loads up and then when I click "Join" it boots me out to the desktop saying I have insufficient O/S privliges. So I googled that and everything I found said to run the game as Admin. Ok, so when I run the game as admin, I get a BSOD saying...

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

FD.SYS etc etc...

I checked the minidump folder in my win directory and also went to event viewer and looked up the 1001 event. Here it is...

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x8fc60068, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8fc6006. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.

Any clues as to WTF the problem is? I am about to try reverting back to before I installed the patch and SF, but damn...my favorite maps are on the SF expansion...
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: BF2 BSOD in Vista 32-bit

Update to 1.41 and then try again. BF2 was coded for xp not vista. I am running BF2 on Vista Ultimate and its patched to 1.41 and its running fine.

he did patch it to 1.41 that is when he started having issues I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

exactly... It was working before I patched it, now it's not. I am going to try uninstalling the SF pack and see if that makes the difference...
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Custom Directory? I had a problem with bf2142 and it was traced back to me having it installed into the e partition instead of the default c\programfiles\ea

Nope...everything is right where it should be. I uninstalled/reinstalled the game and once again it played fine in its unpatched original form. But as soon as I updated to the 1.41 patch, I get kicked out of games almost immediatley for "Inadequate O/S Privelages". So then I try to run the game "As Admin" and I get a BSOD stating Driver IRQL Not Greater or Equal. I HATE VISTA.