Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: -= For Noobs =- (self proclaimed or otherwise)

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by JesDer
    Umm ... the theme is Man Against Nature : Silencing the roaring chaos of mother earth with umm .. NOS ... Hmm .. am I close ?

lol

no but interesting take on it
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishies
    Zed, I only got ent out of shape because your ignborant post dictating that you are the end all and be all of the moddong forums, by telling me you're arbitrarily editing my work. I thought you were going to drop this, but as we can all see, you're flame trolling.
    Fishies Im trying to be as polite as I can, but your making it difficult by acting childish coming back to every nice thing I say with rude comments.

When did I make it seam that I wanted or perceived myself to be the end all and be all of the modding forums? If anyone is acting like they are the end all be all of the forums its you dictating your opinions as rules others should be going by.

Flame trolling? Im replying to posts directed solely at me. I dropped this quite a few posts ago but you wanted to keep it up.

As so far, I have yet to see anyone else try to write a newbie guide here. I think you;re just jealous because I thought of it first.
    That must be it.

So why not just be a good guy and drop it? Or be a dick and keep this up. The choice is yours at this stage of the game.
    I tried, you kept coming back at me with bull**** childish remarks and btw Im only a dick to assholes.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by ZeD
    Fishies Im trying to be as polite as I can, but your making it difficult by acting childish coming back to every nice thing I say with rude comments.
    I've not been rude. I call it how I see it. If my posts make you angry and want to be rude, that's an issue you need to resolve in counselling, and not on the forums.

How have I been childish? You post something to spur a resonse. I fell for it. That's my problem. My fundamental problem with you and this whole issue is your desire for censorship. You disagree with something I wrote? That's great. Tell us why. You want to just change it to suit you, that's not great.

When did I make it seam that I wanted or perceived myself to be the end all and be all of the modding forums? If anyone is acting like they are the end all be all of the forums its you dictating your opinions as rules others should be going by.
    The moment you imposed your authority over my writing this GUIDE by informing to me and the rest of the forum you were going to change it.

I tried, you kept coming back at me with bull**** childish remarks and btw Im only a dick to assholes.
    Again, I must ask. How is it that I've been childish? You didn't try anything. The following quote is evident of this.

but fishies took it upon himself to write a guide and had the subject title nice and fancy almost sticky like trying to say this is THE guide to use. If he said this is what he would do or the way he does things I would not have said a single word. But taking it upon himself to write a guide based on his own opinions and making it seam like there is no other way to do it is wrong in my opinion.
    I said it before, it's a guide, and if you take a personal afront to it, you have some deep-seeded issues of control. If you can read the thread, you will find others have criticized it. I read the criticism and say to myself, 'that pesron has a good point,' or 'i disagree with that,' or whatever.

You criticised with the intention of imposing your own edits to something you didn't write. This is a public forum, not Zed's editting school.

Paul offered to make me a mod last week, and I told him to hold that thought. If Mod's are supposed to act like this, I think I'll keep my regular user status. Moderators should be there to raise up their users, not slam them down. Moderators are meant to help, not dictate, and not force their views upon others. I think in my short time here, I've helped a few people. I know I've made people think. Ask yourself Zed, "What have you done for the users?" You've done nothing for me.
    -=-=-=-=-
    When computers collide, Bob is born
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.

Both of you calm down .. if that isn't possible, please take it to PMs ..

And can we get this thread cleaned up? None of this back and forth needs to be in a guide thread.

If you have a problem with that, feel free to PM me.

The SlackMeister

c'mon ZeD, we all know you are better then that. you 2 are acting like 3 year olds.

ATX Mental Case

I agree completely with you two,m JesDer and MrSlacker. These two really should learn to take a bit of criticism, I mean, imagine if fishies became a mod and they had had this flame war (that is what it is really, you can't call this a conversation). I mean, that would be great example of how two moderators behaved. ZeD of all people, being a Mod, should learn to take a bit of flak for what he says. I have too say though (and I am sure there will be a lot of people who will disagree with me) that it seems that ZeD is always the Mod who seems to get into arguments with users (just my own observations). Fishies, you have also got to realise that sometimes it is a good idea to alter your posts. I know you will probably say something like "prove that I am wrong" but you just need to realise that other people have other points of view. Personally loved the guide (although I did not entirely agree with it) but not everyone does
    In closing, I would like to ask for this whole flame fest to be moved, so that it cannot be acessed from the "rules of the road" (not deleted because I am sure fishies would complain about things being edited) as this is one of the first things that a newcomer to the forums is likely to see and it does not really give off a good image of the forums.
    Last edited by jonopaul01; 04-08-2005 at 11:50 AM.
    There is no other choice.

Holy ****...I didnt even finish reading. Just stop talking about who is right and wrong. We all have different ways of doing things. Thats a fact of life. Its very childish of you to keep babbling on about who agrees with who. Just let it lay. Im not saying stop giving your ideas, I am just saying don't say someones idea is wrong just because you think it is. Now...please no one post after this. Just let people who are looking for a start read his post. Zed, if you disagree make another topic with your way of doing it. People can read and compare and see which road they want to go down.
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

ATX Mental Case

No need for language, actually wait a minute, there is with these two. But they seem to have stopped now
    There is no other choice.

Yes I felt I no longer needed (nor wanted) to respond to anymore bickering. So I think we're both done now.

Please let's get back on the topic at hand.

Anodized

Default Re: -= For Noobs =- (self proclaimed or otherwise)

i think we should have a how to contest in the future... of topic? sry if so but this sparked the idea in my head