Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista freezing problems

Default Vista freezing problems

Vista keeps freezing on me. This happened out of the blue and it makes my pc barely usable. It will freeze when I'm just using mozilla or even when I'm just booting up. It will usually freeze, go to blue screen then restart. Today, it froze then reverted back to old school looking windows:
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Default Re: Vista freezing problems

ran a virus scan? sounds like it could be a virus to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

w7 did that to me, said it was my video card, but I tried a different one with no success. I'm thinkin its my mobo

It said today that windows was missing a file! I must just take all my pictures off and all my stuff and clean install.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Try running memtest. Also, go into device manager to check for conflicts. It sounds like bad RAM to me.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    Try running memtest. Also, go into device manager to check for conflicts. It sounds like bad RAM to me.
    Do I download memtest?

Ok, I see, I don't have a cd burner right now. How do I put it on a flash drive?

Ok, I got my buddy to burn the .iso and there are errors. So I guess I need some RAMz.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I did the windows built-in memtest when mine was freezing, said all was good

How does ram go bad?