Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official TBCS iPhone/iPod Touch thread

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Official TBCS iPhone/iPod Touch thread

I just got an iTouch the day before yesterday. Bought the $10 software update, iSpore, and got a bunch of free apps. The one thing that pisses me off is that the version of AIM that's decent to use costs $3. What the **** AOL? What the ****.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

That's nothing. IM+ costs $9.99. Granted, it kicks some pretty nice ass, though. However, I just use the free version, which is great for just instant messaging.

Welcome to the world of the iPod Touch. Prepare to spend hours searching the free section, finding the lite version, getting pissed that the lite version sucks, and then eventually forking over your cash for the paid version. lol

On the plus side, you could make an app and sell it too, if you wanted. There was a guy who made so much off of his app because it was so wanted and desired, that he was able to quit his job and start his own app company.

The most I've paid for an app was $7.99 for PuzzleQuest. Definitely worth the price. Hours and hours of gameplay.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Yeah. This fall when I (hopefully) enter the military, I'll be able to afford an iPhone and a Macbook, along with all the software and applications I could ever use. Only deal with iPhones is that as soon as they're done charging you out the arse after two years the bill will have been around or over $2.5k. Do the math: $100/month x 24 months = ... lol

It'll be nice to have though, especially when driving places. Hooray accessories.

Good luck with that military thing. My best friend is getting shipped out to Afghanistan in three weeks. He's a medical officer.

More Apps: Crazy Penguin, Stone Loops
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Thanks. I'm going into the Air Force (or Coast Guard) so hopefully I'll be away from combat... I really would rather not be shot at. I'd probably do alright in such a situation but it's one I'd preferably avoid at all costs.

Podcasts: Diggnation, The Totally Rad Show, Scam School and ROFL.

<3 Scam School. Such an awesome show! Now I know how to open a pad lock with a pop can and score free drinks at bars!

tried to click your link sgtm and got an error page from your host. :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

My host deactivated my account for no reason. I'm disputing it now.

Convertbot - Free For a Limited Time! Get it now while you still can! Very handy tool to have in your pocket. It can basically convert anything and everything.

Angle, Area, Currency, Data Rate, Data Size, Force, Fuel, Illuminance, Length, Mass, Power, Pressure, Radioactivity, SI, Speed, Temperature, Time, Typography, Volume, Work.

All packed in a very nice looking/functioning GUI. It looks like someone put in a decent amount of work into this app so I don't expect it to remain free for very long. Most likely its being offered for free to get it into the top 50 list, which is has, then they'll charge for it.