Thread: Making My Own case! Need Input

Fresh Paint

Default Making My Own case! Need Input

Ok my plan is to make a Car into a computer case. I have Mod alot of case but never bilt one. I am going to wire the grill Logo as power on/off , blinkers split the wire for the hard drive light so when the hard drive works the blinkers flash. the spot for the lic plate to be the CDRW, sun roof have a case fan, front USB in the fog lights, But what Im woundering is/would it be better to get like a large model or RC car and use like bondo to get it to the styele of car I want befor I airbrush it, or get a Micro case cut the front off and then Mold it into the car? I sketched it out on papper, but whats on papper and what would work dont always match. I was thinking of the Power suply fan lined up with the tail pipe. Blue Neon head lights and a smoke tent plexglass for the windows , and the grill on the bottem of the bumper by the fog lights on each side have 2" case cans to help with heat. All the wires would be hidden and come out the bottem of the back tire and have a hole drilled in my desk so NO wires are seen.
    Any thought on my crazy case Im going to try?

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Default Re: Making My Own case! Need Input

I've seen this done. One guy stuffed everything into a Mini Cooper r/c model, an other guy stuffed it into a Hummer R/c model, and some one else used a VW bug (new one) model. So It can be done. I would hit the local thrift stores, the local hobby shop ,or e-bay and see if you can get an R/c model that'd broke for cheap (local hobby shop my give it to you, or hook you up with a local model car builder that has one) You don't want the really good models, just one like the sell at wal-mart the bigger the better. Once you get the model you can figure out what model of Mobo, CD drive, # of Hard disk cpu sink, etc that will fit. and if you don't spend much on the model shell, if what you want doesn't fit...Scrap it and go with the mini case Idea and your not out allot of cash!

Good luck, post a work log when you start!

Crazybillybob

"R2 Where are youuuu!!!" --Shaggy (ok It was edited)

Default Re: Making My Own case! Need Input

here is one

link
    "to lose a parent is a tredgedy, to lose two is just carelessness"
    -Oscar Wild