Thread: Where to start on this mod

Default Where to start on this mod

So here is what i am thinking, I am a car person, i love them.... I want to make a case look like the hood of a car. i really dont have a refined ideas atm but i know i want it to open like a car hood dose but with a servo set up to where it will open with a push of a button i am also thinking about fitting some plexi glass in there for protection and modding a fan to look like a blower from the old SS's but yeah is anyone has any ideas on what i should do let me know!

Default Re: Where to start on this mod

"to lose a parent is a tredgedy, to lose two is just carelessness"
    -Oscar Wild

ATX Mental Case

Also: link

If you want this thing to open like a car hood, then tyou should make it a desktop case. Would fit the theme better.

I've tossed the idea of putting lambo-style door hinges ont he side panels of a case and having the side open all lambo-style. I did it to my MR2, why not...

Tech-Daddy and I are open books if you have any questions, ideas, or concerns...

well i was going to make it look like a type R civic or the wings west one or something close like that put make it like you are looking at the front of the actual car.

here is one of the pics of the wings west car.

this is of the type R

Now i have no clue how to put the cd drive on that but i would be cool to have a key that start the computer and have the head lights work and all tha jazz

Rankenphile

Have the CD drive come out of the grill in the front ground effect. Perfect place to stealth it.

that sounds awsome i didnt think about that!!! this is goign to take alot of bondo... i dont know when i am going to get start but i want to soon!!

ATX Mental Case

Bleh, civic *cringes*

Ok, had to get that out.

Ok, let's get started:

You could create a rear add on that covers al the keyboard and monitor connections and have it open like the rear hatch.

When/if you do a side window, have the Honda "H" laser etched into the glass. Or, have the "Type R" logo laser etched into it, or both.

If you are going for water cooling, get a cooler master Aquagate (Not the mini aquagate, the big one) and then hook up a NOS fogger system to it. You can do this using some steel brake line from NAPA. It's really cheap and fairly easy to bend. The system doesn't even have to work, it could just be for looks.

On the top of the case, right at the back edge, put the roof wing (or "duckbill" wing).

Put rolling wheels on the chassis and then cut long slots in the bottom. On the inside of the case, just above these slots, put neons or CCFLs.

On both sides, put a grphic, similar to the Wings West civic. Also, do a "roll call" down the sides near the front, like on the doors of the Wings West civic.

I could go on and on...

i was thinking of what kinda case i should do this in i cant find a horizantal one thats is the same size as an ATX So i think i may have to alter and ATX to lay horizantal.

Anodized

This case would fit to a car hood... Thermaltake Tenor

Expect to see a new project from me soon