Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Project; Mark1

Anodized

Default Re: Project; Mark1

Well, they say when you get one inguinal hernia, you're a whole lot more likely to get a second. First was from coughing too hard from a cold. >< Glad to hear you're up and moving again. When can we expect more progress outta you?
    Life is one big project. http://www.bigprojects.net/andy/

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

That's what I had, inguinal hernia. Most common type of hernia. The result of a weak spot in the abdominal wall in males...
    Anyway strange thing was the doctor said I was most likely born with it. wtf?
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Well, half assed update. I'm still not feeling all that great, but I wanted to try and get some work done. Unfortunately, things went from bad to worse.

I decided to go a different route for the screen. I need to have room for the hinge mechanics, so a flush mount won't work. I decided to cut out the whole area and recess it. Basically, it will kinda look like the main drive bay area. After a couple of ill advised, not carefully planned cuts, I have this;

Not what I was going for. At all.

Soooo, I started cutting out what is now the bottom section, since the front piece is now two pieces. Sigh. Then this happened;

Grreeeaaat. Sure that's what I was going for. Here is the line I was cutting along;

The idea, like I said, is to cut out this whole area. It will be covered by doors.

So that's it. yippee. Sorry, I started out in not that great of a mood, and it sure didn't get any better.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

That really sucks I am not having the greatest day or should I say night either but I am sure you will troop through this I am sure you can think of some sort of a fix for it.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Really suck about that split mate, nothing some alu, epoxy and bondo can't fix though .
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

/\ yeah bad luck mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

So, made a little progress today. Turns out, that piece breaking made it easier to cut right. (See the focusing on the positive part there?) Here's those two pieces;

Now, I have been puzzling over what material to use to build the new back and mount the screen. I didn't want to use sheet metal, I would rather use plastic, and a good plastic epoxy. Then it hit me, just use the casing the screen came in! So, trimmed it down a bit, and it will fit as such;

Maybe that will provide a little clearer picture as to where I am going here, too. Now, of course it still needs more trimming, and I will fill the various holes so it looks like a solid piece, but it's perfect cause it's already ready for the screen to be mounted.

All this speak of the screen, I will sequay into bad news. Here is my screen;

Yeah.... and that's all it does. So that sucks. Nothing like some bad news for a change. Hey, could be worse though.
    Anyway, came across something the other day that finally struck me for use as mesh. I have been searching and searching, cause I just wasn't crazy about the usual suspects. Walking down the isle at My Friendly Local Neirbourhood Home Depot and my wife said, "Hey what about this?"

It's a screen filter for hood vents that are over stoves. Pull the frame off and the layers apart,

Voila instant modders mesh. Holes are too small to really see through, but light can come through, and the holes aren't round. Yay so that's settled!

Till next time....

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

looking good mate. cant wait to see more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

shame about the screen, Cant wait to see more

Will
    Will

Sorry I haven't updated in a while... Been feeling run down a lot lately. Plus a lot going on. Plus stifled by a lack of supplies (ie lack of funding for supplies). I will try hard to get something this weekend, and resume my usual once a week updates.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)