Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD cables for original XBOX

Default HD cables for original XBOX

I am looking for any amount of these you have, preferably 2-3 sets. If you have an xbox your wanting to part with as well i would consider that as well. bunch of rep to airbozo for the agp card on my last request as well as the extras that were thrown in.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: HD cables for original XBOX

the original x-box did not output hd video, only sd.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    the original x-box did not output hd video, only sd.
    Respectably you are mistaken, it had component video out Monster Xbox Component Cables, the xbox also has a decent hd scaler considering the time period in which it was manufactured. I really want to take advantage of this with my xbmc install as all I have is hd tv's.
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

I have a set of the Monster HD Components myself, and I can attest that the old Xbox DID have HD capabilities.

Now I'll clarify a bit with what I've experienced personally.

The menus and interface of XBMC can be output as high as 1080i (possibly 1080p on other tvs) and videos will be scaled to the resolution of the display.

HOWEVER.. Xbox's lack the necessary processing power to playback 720p or higher video content. It's simply a matter of CPU power. All you get is a slideshow. Trust me. There are possibilities in encoding to get you closer to HD video (slightly lower bitrates, etc), but it's still a compromise.

The Xbox 360 however can display full HD (1080p), so it's got that going for it. It's just a shame that it's such a sucky interface for a media center.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

My understanding is that it does alright with some of the hd stuff but mpeg4 it chugs and turns in to a slideshow. The main thing I am looking for is the better aspect ratio and the hd theme is just a plus. Don't need a 360 for a full hd output media center thats what my PS3 is for hehe. This is just on the living room tv and I will keep the composite cables around in case I want to move it to the kids room. But that involves running cat 5e and thats not happening unless i send the four year old under the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    But that involves running cat 5e and thats not happening unless i send the four year old under the house.
    Or you could build a wireless bridge..

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Or you could build a wireless bridge..
    That would require the 4 year old getting a job and they frown on child labor around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    That would require the 4 year old getting a job and they frown on child labor around here.
    Instant +Rep.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Suffering from Multiple OS Disorder PartyLikeARockstar's Avatar

I have a set of HD cables, also 2 XboX units, one working, and one in disrepair for parts only. PM with an offer if you like, they need to go.
    water-cooled m-atx: (sold)
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=15368
    Diary Of a Caffeine Junkie: Powered by Rockstar (dead)
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=13786

Arrow Re: HD cables for original XBOX

Quote Originally Posted by PartyLikeARockstar View Post
    I have a set of HD cables, also 2 XboX units, one working, and one in disrepair for parts only. PM with an offer if you like, they need to go.
    PM'ed havent gotten a reply.

In other news I recently made a booboo on my current box and i am in search of a Xenium ice chip.