Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: MotorHead Ace of Spades Themed Mod

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Project: MotorHead Ace of Spades Themed Mod

Well i have decided to start a Real pc Mod Man cave 2.0 is gone as far as it can till i get more money coming in i had held of starting a Mod hoping to finish the Mod shed .
    I thought if i started Modding before it was finished i might not finish it
    Well on to the Mod this is themed after one of my all time favorite Bands Motorhead and the album Ace of Spades .
    Before i go into the worklog I want to thank Boddaker ,SgtM,DrumThumper ,blueonblack ,BerticusPryme ,BuzzKillington
    For the help thanks Guys and +rep
    I also want to thanks everyone for making me feel at home here I have hung around the modding sites for a while all have been great but you guys drive me to start a Mod Ok enough of that softie stuff lol.
    And dont let me forget Oneslowz28 thanks for the pictures man it helped the vinyl guy understand what i wanted .

I have a general idea of what i want but could change at any time .

Here is what i started with of couse its Beigh,

I decided to put a spade window in after Oneslowz28 sent me some spade pictures to go through i went to our local vinyl guy. I had to take those pictures to explain what i wanted he keep thinking i wanted the whole card lol.

I knew that very thin vinyl wouldnt stop me from cutting over the line but it helped a lot with a refrence point to by .
    This is what i came home with

I think what i had to do is weeding i know mine was very simple but just the same it sucks lol.

The Knife i used
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...803&lpage=none
    i used this under the vinyl i left the paper behind it to make it more stable

Tools of choice

the rough start lol

As you can see i messed the bottom up a little bit this is a guide i used too fix it .

Something you should all find funny is i cut all that with just the dremel its self since i didnt have anywhere really to mod i was jsut buying tols when i could well i went in the closet after i was basically done and found the Flex-Shaft . and this
    lol

It was pretty hot today .

after lots of sanding and fileing and lots to go .

I May do a fan mod with that .
    Thats where i am as off now all opinion welcome.

Oh what do you guys think looks better

Sorry for the glare on the pics hopefully my modding and photo skills will improve over time .
    Last edited by Liquid_Scope_99; 07-02-2009 at 03:11 AM. Reason: grammer

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Project: MotorHead Ace of Spades Themed Mod

Lookin' good! I like the mesh in the last photos myself. Do you have a color plan for this thing? Lights inside? Maybe some dice?

+rep and subscribed
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Looking like a good start. Defiitely watching this as Motorhead is one of my favs as well. +rep and subed as well
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Mmm, Ace of spades wish I'd thought of a Motorhead themed mod I've seen them a few times and probably why I have tinnitus but being a biker seeing "The Motor" was obligatory! good work with the Dremel + rep.

"It's all about the game and how you play it.
    It's all about control and if you can take it.
    It's all about your debt and if you can pay it.
    It's all about pain and who's gonna make it."

The Game..Motorhead.

blueonblack i havent locked anything in stone yet but Im doing the skins in black i would like powdercoated but not in my budget.

Also for the inside i was thinking of White i know it would be hard to keep dust free but i havent saw many White frames and in leanning toward a couple of red fans with red uv sleeving .

msmrx57
    Thanks i would like to do something with the skull logo of theirs sometime but that will take some learning on my part lol.

Beta-brain Iwould really like to see the myself sometime sorry to hear of your tinnitus but what a way to get it .

Well the good with the bad i guess lol I was wanting to do a spade fan mod to the front and it looks horrible.
    I didnt even want to post the pictures but the odd the is im not even discouraged.
    I already have a few ideas in my mind of how to fix it or go another way .
    I know everyone well most everyone has had an idea go a stray from time to time.
    I will fix it some way if nothing happens and hopefully mod better for it now to the horrible horrible pics please dont throw eggs at the screen lol.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Not too bad; just throw some bondo or something in there, and nobody will know (except for us).
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    Not too bad; just throw some bondo or something in there, and nobody will know (except for us).
    And everyone we show lol

Its not really that bad, like nevermind said, bondo it up and its all good! Nice work so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.

You can probably save it it's just a bit out of proportion, not sure how big you want it but maybe if you can cut back a bit more as I've done in the photoshoped picture, and as for making mistakes oh yeah, try buying a 1500mmx1000mm sheet of plexi and then somehow measuring the piece you want to cut out of it wrong and ending up with the required piece too small and not enough plexi left to make another so had to order another sheet!

KiLLERMAN21 thanks im going to do my best to fix it i had the plastic cutting wheels i should have cut something ot ge them smaller lol . Bondo here i come.

Beta-brain Thanks yeah i wi;; look into that maybe iwill jsut use some sandpaper any try not take a lot of at once i think you made a white line showing sorry lol my sugar is a little high today and it kinda blurry so no modding till my eyes clear up lol .