Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project: K-9-PC

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: Project: K-9-PC

I have sheet metal plans away at a fabricator at the moment - hoping to get some news re: price tomorrow - once that's done, I should be able to make pretty rapid progress on this - ONE of my jobs is as an unsupervised security guard on an outdoor site at the weekends - means that other than a 5-10 minute walkaround every hour, I have nothing to do for 12 hours a day - putting in 22 hours, possibly as many as 44 a week (depending on what shifts I work) without interuption on the project ON TOP OF time I spend at home working on it should mean it moves pretty quickly once I have the sheet metal sorted....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

like the Swedish Chef with a Screwdriver gntlkilr's Avatar

I'm definately looking forward to the unveiling. Subscribed

"Voltage is like a big lake of milk surrounded by giant chocolate chip cookies. But if the chocolate chip cookies happen to break, the milk coming out is your current."

Finally got a price from the fabricators... After I picked myself up off of the floor, I ordered some sheet metal - now it's just a case of waiting for the next payday so I can buy all the bits to make a decent bending brace or something and I'll start making some progress. There's every chance though that I'll push on with Lobo first and get to this next - I don't really have the space to have two projects on the go at once....

awesome part = watching someone build a great rendition of K-9.

Bad Part = having ideas of a TARDIS HTPC/Conversation piece project while on crutches and drugs.

"Voltage is like a big lake of milk surrounded by giant chocolate chip cookies. But if the chocolate chip cookies happen to break, the milk coming out is your current."

I toyed with the TARDIS idea - but thought - at the end of the day, it's just a box - where's the challenge lol - REALLY REALLY wish I'd ignored that thought - this is turning into an expensive nightmare, but I'm not giving up - stubborn has its uses sometimes

What else am I going to so with all this sheet metal anyway?? heh

the hardest part of a true TARDIS mod would be the details, IMO. lite on top to flash correctly, opening door, etc.

One day I might buy one of those mini-itx boards and then, and only then would I consider doing a tardis - it''d just end up being a huge waste of space in the height with a bigger board - imo anyway. Especially if you went for a base-mounted board

Problem I have with that idea is that I REALLY really don't need any more computers - there are about 12-15 in working condition in the house now, and probably another 5-6 I could fix for the cost of a single part

lite on top to flash correctly
    - well this might help you with that one - the light doesn't flash at all - its a rotating reflector on an always on light....

I just want to say I think this is a great idea =) good luck with it.

ATX Mental Case

Nice ideas....keep going!

I know K9 is just begging to have a webcam for eyes!

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    One day I might buy one of those mini-itx boards and then, and only then would I consider doing a tardis - it''d just end up being a huge waste of space in the height with a bigger board - imo anyway. Especially if you went for a base-mounted board

Problem I have with that idea is that I REALLY really don't need any more computers - there are about 12-15 in working condition in the house now, and probably another 5-6 I could fix for the cost of a single part

- well this might help you with that one - the light doesn't flash at all - its a rotating reflector on an always on light....
    True, it wasn't a flash, but I meant finding something that small to work as it. altho, getting an old cd drive, tearing it apart and feeding the 5v to it to get a spinner might work. *thoughts*

BTW, are you going to have the spinning ears on K-9???