Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water Works

Default Re: Water Works

Right on.. I guess I misunderstood by it being a part of the cooling system.. anywho as others have stated WORKLOG WORKLOG WORKLOG.. heh. I am really looking forward to this one..

ATX Mental Case

I will work log it, to the fullest extent that I can. Got a few expenses coming my way very soon and I just paid for all my books and stuff for the new semster, so money is a little tight, but rest assured, I will have this thing going as soon as I can. I'm still planning out all the details right now.

I'm teaching myself to make those 4-pin molex connectors for power supply. It's alot harder than I originally thought, but then again, I'm a perfectionist, and this case will be flawless.

I think I'm going to go w/ a blue/silver color scheme. I'm looking for the color shifting paint that Duplicolor makes that goes from silver to blue. Can't find it at any of my local car shops, so I'm going to have to try and order it online.

I'm thinking of running two different systems now. One for the CPU, and one just for the visuals. It would solve a few problems I am worried about and make for a better system overall... don't know yet, just exploring my options.

Anodized

What about those mist generators you can place in a bowl of water that create a low cloud of mist that holds on to the water..... that would look awesome floating over the water falling down... maby?
    - I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
    - Douglas Adams -

ATX Mental Case

Well, I've decided to run two seperate systems.

1. Traditional water cooling system (Probably CoolerMaster Aquagate-Mini)
    2. A small pump system to run the water fall(s)

Now, My dad and I were watching Overhaulin' tonight (more @ www.overhaulin.com) and I decided that I would like to design/build a computer for none other than Chip Foose himself. I think I can do it if I take my time and do things right, not like my last project, which I should almost just tear down and do over again... More on this as I can get it to you.

I watched that episode too .. Very cool.. They couldn't have done it better or for a better person. Chip Foose seems to be genuinely one hell of a nice guy! I think he would be more then pleased to have a fan build a case in his honor.

ATX Mental Case

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought of a name. (Suggestions will still be taken however.)

Fresh Paint

Hi im totally new to this site and case moding alike. I have always followed case mods and love to look at other peoples work. Though I havent started moding yet maybe I can help. Lian li makes a side panel which is an aqaurium it has a bubble pump at the bottom and comes witha light fake fish and some pebbles to cover the pump/light. The thing is this side pannel only fits lian lis pc 60 case. Anyways I just thought this would help. here is a link to the case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112098

p.s. Im using this case in my next rig

Fresh Paint

I have read other ideas like yours and all the know it alls said it could`t work.I feel if the water fall is separate sealed compartment on either side of case it would work fine.It can even be treated like Resi.in water cool system as long as enough water is always at bottom(pickup).Jo

Life is like an analogy...

ok, time for some more of my very inspired ideas.

jofultner has got a point. this waterfall could serve as a reservoir quite well. the question is, though, how would it work. the answer could very well be simple, my friend.

why not have the waterfall sandwiched between acrylic? have it just a few degrees off being perfectly straight up and down, so you get a little bit of proper flow instead of just falling water. you can also texture the acrylic to liven up the descent. this type of thing would probably be ideal in a situation where you have a small space to work with.

another idea is to have an acrylic box in the front of the case. inside this box would be some real or fake rocks to simulate a top and bottom pool, and a waterfall connecting them. what im picturing is one of those postcard-esque tropical waterfalls where there are always people diving off the top. with this acting as part of a watercooling loop, it would be very neat because of the water additives. a fourescent green or blue waterfall would be interesting.

i definitely like my second idea better. its pretty hard to really know what im talking about sometimes unless you can see into my mind. for that reason, im willing to fix up a drawing if this kind of thing is what you're looking for, AceX.

one last thought about waterfalls in computers... that would be a really cool thing for a farcry mod. the whole tropical waterfall thing would fit into the tropical island setting. thats just a suggestion for anyone who is thinking about a farcry mod. i might even use my own suggestion... eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

remember that ANY water feature contained in a sealed space will create condensation on the glass, completely obscuring the view! Also, if the water is not treated regularly, fungus and mold will grow in several days, creating a slime on every surface it touches.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 03-05-2006 at 12:30 PM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.