Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Water Works

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Water Works

I have looked into this more and more and have arrived at a solid design that I think will work. Crimson makes a very good point, but I don't believe that that factor will be too much fo a problem considering that the entire piece will be at a constant temperature that is very clsoe to the rest of the area around it. If I need to, I can put in a fill port up top or something so that air can move freely.

Ok sorry i was thinking about this before, like when this thread started up...but i thought it would be a stupid input, right now i work for a huge contractor company...EllisDon...and the project that i work at right now has a 'cooling tower' on the roof. (yes i pictured in my head how kool would a mini version of that (about the size of a house) would be ontop of my comp.?) it's a rather big project, and a rather big cooling tower as well but i had heard, will be confirming and learning more about this later on, that the cooling tower just chills the water from having a small waterfall like situation with huge fans infront of it. And trust me this thing cools like a lot!...i'm thinking that there is a perfect way to mimic this. maybe with a nice looking water fall and a couple of 120mm fans blowing over the water, out the oppisite side of the computer intake. i dunno as long as you are sure that the water is safe where it is i'm sure that someone kould go a long long way with this...i am sure i will be trying it eventually...just not sure when, i wish sooner then later but i already have some other projects inline...anyways good luck acex

Fresh Paint

Hey, first post, so hi...

Been thinking about this mod...

how much pressure do water cooling pumps put out?

With a waterfall I'm thinking it might be pushing too much water through meaning it builds up in the waterfall compartment instead of the resevior.

Haven't got water cooling yet, but it's def on the cards and am considering something like this...

Fresh Paint

oh that would be cool and the good part is there is info that you can use to do this....There is a TV show called "pimp my ride" on MTV. On one of thier shows they put a wall of water in the back of a Van with a recliner and a computer with a LED hanging screen....man i want that Van...

It can be done man just give it a try...oh and do not forget to put a valve in a corner so that you can empty it easy if you have too....lol

ATX Mental Case

Trust me when I say that this mod will truly be bad ass.

The actual fall will be completely sealed with the exception of a fill port possibly and will sit in a seperate frame that will be attached to the chasis. It will be made fo 1/4" acrylic that will be sealed with clear silicone and screwed together every 1/2" to 1" The pump for the system will be very small and silent. I might try and make a cover for it, but I'm not sure yet.