Thread: Vista Processor Resources...

Overclocked

Default Vista Processor Resources...

Ok I was getting mad at my computer because it was runing slow with all the programs runing at once... Basicly I was encoding a windows movie maker file 20min long with videos and photos runing norton anti virse copying data to my other hardrive and my computer was god aful slow.. I was thinking it must be the hardrive so I should just go get a ssd hardrive because it was buging me when I multitask.. Well I was thinking well I turned page file off so it might be that so maby I should turn it back on for now.. Then I rember seeing Processor scheduling Adjust for best performance of programs or background services by defult its programs but I switched to background services and it was an instant speed boost so if your doing alot of things at once and your computer seems to slow down try switching it and see what happens...

To do it go Computer Rightclick properties (Leftside) Advanced system settings>Advanced>Preformancesettings>Advanced

also add to the things I was doing was watching a blu ray movie at the same time and trying to surf the web and thats were everything started to slow to a crawl..

Default Re: Vista Processor Resources...

Norton is a cpu hog, that's probably why it was going so slow. Go with nod 32.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

/\ This. Kill Norton. Watch it writhe in agony and grind its children to dust.

Norton Antivirus = win.

Norton 360 or Internet Security = fail.

If you want to save a bit more cpu/mem, disable the DWM (Desktop Window Manager) service.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Norton Antivirus = win.

Norton 360 or Internet Security = fail.

If you want to save a bit more cpu/mem, disable the DWM (Desktop Window Manager) service.
    I have lots of cpu and ram in my pc so saveing some kind of pointless opening lots of things and runing lots of things it was getting boged down badly and only useing 20 percent of the cpu and 40 percent of the ram... so it I have lots more to spare cpu and ram wise.. I was supecting the hardrive because it was loading to much on 1 drive.. and thats the weakest link..

Ah, yeah, you're probably right there. Video encoding, AV scanning and file copying all on the same physical drive (and the OS drive, to boot)...yeah, it's gonna bog down.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Ah, yeah, you're probably right there. Video encoding, AV scanning and file copying all on the same physical drive (and the OS drive, to boot)...yeah, it's gonna bog down.
    with low cpu and ram usage on it too looking at ssd options now but the only problem is which one.. for around 300 max canadian taxs in..

also add defraging another hardrive..

I have two of OCZ's Vertex drives, and I've been very happy with them. Their new 'Agility' line seems to be exactly the same drives.. not really sure why they came out with that line, but it's the same Indilinx controller, same 64MB cache, same read/write ratings..but about $20 cheaper at the 60GB level on newegg.ca
    60GB Vertex: $233
    60GB Agility: $199