Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Project - Air Cube v2

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default Re: Project - Air Cube v2

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    Wow, I go away for a while and BAM! This thing is turning out beautifully. I love the part where you get the last screw (or bolt, or rivet, or piece of tape or bubble gum) in place, step back and it's a case. Excellent work, +rep.
    hehe , thanks blue and everyone else for comments, let me know what you think of this possible v3.

------------------

I really like the air cube v2, but the size is a lot larger than it needs to be really.

Last night I was fairly low in spirit and was stressed out & I did not feel like gaming or watching anything but was wide awake so I decided to mess about with sketchup by making a more compact and complex air cube v3, and 6 or 7 hours later I have a rough model that is buildable, the main part that will need revising is the middle expansion card mem/cpu air tunnel seperator, the challenge with this one is much higher than my previous ones, also the new great Thermaltake VL30001N1Z Level 10 case inspired me a bit on this one, particulary the heightened area for the cpu cooler, I hope to buy an enermax revolution psu for this and finally get core i7 or even a good amd rig since it will be a complete system needed whichever I choose (mobo, cpu, mem).

Lower deck --- The HDD cage will hold 2 ssd's and 4 hdd's with a fan blowing over them all, a fan in the middle of the back exhausting, I'm going to mount the psu so the fan can take fresh air from the other side, the front will hold 2 optical drives stealthed, 2 illuminated vandel switches, polished trim here and there.

Main deck --- lian-li mobo tray, just above the expansion slots a 120mm fan exhausting the warmth up to a duct that will guide outside the back of the case, standard 120mm fan in the normal spot for the cpu, and 2 120mm fans at the front but with a panel dividing the expansion slot area and the mem/cpu area for good concentrated air flow, polished trim here and there.

Top panel --- Should be self explanatory from the pics I think, with polished trim here and there.

So I'm going to keep the best traits from my v1 and v2 and step up my design a few notches higher this time, the face is just for a laugh on this sneaky peak ... or is it, maybe, maybe not lol.

I don't yet have all the materials (aluminium I need) but might get around to it in a month or 2, and when I do start I'll put updates on every couple of weeks to make sure they are quality updates rather than messy daily ones.

350mm x 350mm base
    305mm at lowest area
    391mm at highest area
    combination of flat bars, angle bars, square bars, 1mm sheet for parts that need bends and 1.5mm or 2mm where there are no bends needed, I know I can do this, will just have to take my time on it to get it right.

Enjoy the funny pics Kryten with big eyes and a huge grin from red dwarf comes to mind, note the other little smillie face and think of the mouth as arms raising too lol

Heres a few pics before I added the silly face and extra angles.

Now I look at it and I'm well rested, looks like a sign of me losing the plot somewhat lol, but a lot of it should be good so here is a revised sensible version with heightened pci top for gpu power wires and a wrapped duct for the pci fan so there will not be any heat spots.

I know I said the v2 was going to be my last cube before trying a new form but I'm not 100% happy with the v2 mostly because of the top and sides with me not being able to bend them how I wanted and it became a 3 piece slide on cover, I still might re do the top and sides but with 1mm thick sheet instead so I can get nice sharp bends how I originally planned, dunno, if I can sort it out nicely I think I'll forget about a v3 for now and do something new.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

That is an interesting design lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

/\ yeah i was thinking the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Interesting good, bad or the ugly, or even insane, I already know the pics with the face are bad and ugly and maybe a little disturbing lol and should probably not have posted it, but I did and its staying there lol.

Sorry guys & gals for displaying my madness lol, not been 100% mentally sound for the last few months, please try to ignore the mental face, I don't know why I did that lol and then posted it as well shocking, definately a moment of madness for me, but I ended up changing it a bit to a good form I think, would like your opinions on the last batch of pics.

Now, why I have not been so good lately.

I have been really stressed with my brother, so quite mentally beat down, I don't know if any of you have heard of legal highs, there are many different types available and can be bought easily on the internet so it is a huge problem, some of theses legal highs are deadly, he has been messing with them for nearly 2 years in secret, I found out for definate about 6 months ago because of his highly irrational and very paranoid behaviour, but I knew something was not right with him for much longer, He had an appointment with a drug abuse team and they said they have never even heard of these legal highs, so thats shocking in itself since they have been around for more than 2 years, and said if its only every other day and not every day then it isn't really a problem lol what BS, I can't believe how a drug abuse team being paid is not clued up about what is out there.

Well he had some recently and fell down the stairs and had a fit, it was late at night and he was lucky my mum heard a bang else I don't know what would have happened to him, he has never had a fit in his life before at 34 and he fractured his spine, I did not even visit him I was so annoyed with him, 2 weeks later he is out of hospital with a brace and was told it could take up to 2 years before he recovers, he is very lucky he is not paralyzed.

1 day after being out of hospital he had some more which he had hidden, so he is surely addicted, all I can do is hope he does not have anything else, his stupidity has been driving me crazy even throughout when I was creating the air cube v2, would love to kick his ass but would not solve anything and I'd only feel bad with him already being in a bad way so its quite frustrating, I completely banned him from using my internet connection months ago, but he must have been carrying his pc to where my mums is and connecting the cable in the middle of the night, practically everything he says is lies, my mum & dad aren't doing so good and my brother is being an absolute idiot.

Sorry for the above, had to get it off my chest.

So yeah, I want to do a complex case that would be quite a challenge to keep me busy and sane and raise my modding xp for 2 to 4 months .

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Dang man, bad times.... I had a friend that messed with that crap all the time.
    Sorry to hear all that man, I sure do hope it gets better for you, and for your brother
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Thanks Mark, my bro will get better as long as he stays off the crap from now on, I gave him the super cooled 360 and a wd high def media player loaded with goodies to keep him entertained while he recovers , I just hope it keeps his mind off the crap.

Scrap the above sketchups, silly idea while I was not in such a good frame of mind, I'll create something completely different for my next case.
    Good and interesting looks, cooling and function is what I want to aim for .

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Man i hope he gets better soon maybe he can get into modding or something i had some problems at one time .
    Gaming and computers and stuff helped me a lot.
    Awesome mod btw

Hope he kick the habit, mate. If all else fail, I don't think its your responsibility to do any more favors if he doesn't appreciate it. Cheer up.

As for cheering up, hells yeah , I'm usually 100% sorted but the stress of this episode got me a bit, but just the thought of him not learning his lesson and trying them out again worries me, I mean having the same substance a day after he left hospital luckily avoiding being disabled is a very bad sign eh, but if he can manage 3 months he should be able to carry on without the bad stuff.

Thanks Liquid_Scope_99 and Acey, I highly doubt he would take a shine to modding althou he likes the last 2 cases I made , computers and gaming kept me out of bother my whole life too, not my bro thou.
    I got him a great learn spannish pack, so I hope he learns it and uses it when he goes on a holiday when he's better , he's said for ages he wants to learn a new language so nows his chance , he's got at least a year, maybe 2 before he can do what he could before messing up, but mostly need to get through the 1st few months so he can get past his habit.

He's got all the support needed so its up to him if he takes it.