Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: Project - Air Cube v2

Default Re: Project - Air Cube v2

better? they're impressive now! ^__^

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

The fans look so much better now that they are painted. So so much better.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    better? they're impressive now! ^__^
    Thanks StormRider .

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    The fans look so much better now that they are painted. So so much better.
    Thanks Jase.

This is how how my pc has been the past few days while I've been painting, had it functioning purely for media & internet.

Spent a bit of time sanding all the work on the back panel & it's all nice & smooth now, painted both sides too.

The front panel needed the countersinks to be a little deeper so the bolts sit flush, painted the rear of the panel too.

Painted the back expansion/io piece.

Here is a better shot of the hdd cage I made, the ssd can slip in the top space just perfect .

The blue gigabyte motherboard goes really well with the fans & back panel & the braided cables you can see are extensions (got them for pcie, 8 pin atx, main atx, I would rather buy them like that than void my warranty, especially with a decent psu (they cost too much to void them), the sata cables could do with being swapped out or even braided, I would love to shorten the psu cables because they are way too long but I can tidy them into the front right corner just about, got rid of the rounded ide cable, it is supposed to be clear but it had turned nicoteenish lol, the flat ide cable routes better anyway.

withgpu

I think the back looks better than the front now lol .

Everything is done on the front, back & insides, I'm going to come up with an alternative for the right side grill, either make the bars slimmer or get another sheet, then all thats needed is the left window removing to clean up the white mounting tape & replace with clear mounting tape, then the air cube v2 is complete, still waiting for my drill bits to arrive before I can do anything else on the xbox & the stack, so I'm having a few days off from it .

looking good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

I'd rob a bank(or two) for that case
    well, not really, but you get the idea

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

The painted fans really finish off the mod perfectly, it looks so much better now then it did with the fans their original colour. Everything just blends in together, makes it look like it all belongs together.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Outstanding work! +rep
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    looking good!
    Thanks billygoat333 .

Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    I'd rob a bank(or two) for that case
    well, not really, but you get the idea
    Thanks StormRider .

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    The painted fans really finish off the mod perfectly, it looks so much better now then it did with the fans their original colour. Everything just blends in together, makes it look like it all belongs together.
    Thanks Jase .

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    Outstanding work! +rep
    Thank you blue , woohoo I've gone up another notch .

In other news the air compressor is playing up, it's getting up to 50 psi & not going any higher & keeps running rather than switching off, doesn't look good, most of the air tools I have need up to 90 psi the compressor could go up to 150 psi until the other day , hopefully it is a simple inexpensive fix.
    My dad went to a motorbike show the other day & came back with a few nice new air tools so this is a bit gutting, a sawzel & a belt sander.
    I managed to clean all the dust out of the case & psu with it, it was while I was doing the dusting I noticed a change in the noise of the motor, I have really taken a shine to air tools now so I'll have to get it fixed .

I ordered some small light changing LED boxes for the air cube .
    Called Lamptron Psycho Lazer LEDs .

Ughh, 1st the air compressor, now my tap snapped & got stuck.

Got the fan frame for the xbox properly mounted to the chassis now, tapped it earlier so it's ready for painting, nothing new visually so I'll post pics when it's painted.

I made a start on the stack today, marked up where to drill, drilled all the mounting holes for the bottom level & was going very good, maybe too good lol something bad had to happen & it did.
    Ran into a problem while tapping the final layer of the base of the stack, the tap snapped off while doing 1 of the holes, can't remove it at all, tried all known methods, just nothing to grip hold of, so my best bet is to file down the parts that stick out & relocate the hole & body fill over the failed hole or redesign the base a bit, ahh the joys of modding lol , it's all worth the effort in the end though . Anyway, the stack is back on hold until I get a couple of new taps .

Looking forward to installing the LED's in the right spots tomorrow though .

I don't think I'll be using the LED blocks, they really are awful, on the video it shows them changing slowly, the ones I got change far too fast & then strobe, straight away I found them highly irritating lol, I should have just learned how to do my own LED lighting, would have been cheaper & far better, I have soldering irons & am pretty good at solder work, I just got lazy lol.