Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Project - Air Cube v2

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default Re: Project - Air Cube v2

Just found out about hybrid physx about a week ago so though I'd try it out with me having a spare 9800GTX.

Hybrid physx (best thing I've heared of in tech lately ), only found out about it a week ago & was intrigued with me having a spare 9800gtx doing nothing, I'm on an oldish p45 motherboard also so didn't even think I could use 2 gpu's, using the latest ati & nvidia drivers but for nvidia drivers it needs patching in safe mode in windows 7, also need to setup a fake extended display in screen resolution too, but I'm buzzing now I have best of both worlds, tested it out on the Mafia II demo & can have physx on high with massively better fps , the only reason I want to get a gtx460 is so I can have all the apex cloth physx with good fps, I deleted all the apex physx cloth files except for main characters clothes, I'm sure that with a GTX460 I could keep all the apex physx coth on so thats my next pc upgrade .

Link to the source so glad I tried it .

This isn't an update, it's just a few more finished pictures because I never took any of the gaming tower.

Decided to get off my bum & try out the bits for a photo boothe, gaffer taped a washing line to a wall, gaffer taped the black cloth to the wall draped the cut in half shower curtain on it & stapled them to the washing line & clipped the light fittings with daylight bulbs to a table & a dvd rack either side & had the above light in my main light fitting & started taking pictures lmao.
    One thing I do know is it would be much easier to set up the boothe & better for a normal sized case.

Only change internally for the air cube is a 9800GTX for dedicated physx which I'll upgrade to a GTX460 next week.

looks great. now you need to do something about that black PS3.

what did you use to polish that alum angle so well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Thanks billygoat .
    It totally crossed my mind to paint the ps3 but going to wait for the warranty to expire .
    I use a bench grinder with a spindle to adapt polishing mops, I use coarse medium & soft mops & 3 different polish compounds which can usually be bought as a pack with a spindle but I think you can attach the same to a drill, bars are quite easy to do with a bench grinder, it's sheet aluminium which is more difficult & would be better suited for a drill .

awesome. thanks for the tips. I am debating whether to brush the alum in my mod or to polish it. I'll prob do a test piece of both and see what looks best against my hickory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Overclocked

Really love this build as I said before, its a must for any gamer!!! Mod on brother!

@billygoat, I found a mix of brushed & polished can look nice together, also used the bench grinder for the brush efect on some parts by using a wire wool mop, makes doing brush effect on bars ultra easy, polishing generates a lot of dust if done with a power tool so it's a good idea to use a respirator, the day I polished those corner angles my face & arms was dark grey from dust, got a picture & I looked like a chimney sweeper lol , but not something I'd want to do regular, if I did I would definately invest in a decent respirator or even just an ok respirator.

Thanks AnG3L, appreciate the comment , always looking forward to your updates m8 .

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Are you gonna add a monitor to the top?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

The weather is getting cooler now & I updated the temperature reading pic for load & idle, took these print screen pics the other night when my room temp was 20c, to get the clock higher & stable I have to bump the volts quite a bit causing it to use near double power so it will be left at 3.8ghz.
    Also bought a second 5870 to do crossfire & the temps are nice & the performance nicer , only games at 1920x1200 I have to tone down settings for it to run smooth is Metro 2033 & GTA IV (my idea of smooth is a constant 50 fps upwards).

Also got my 1st copy from my subscription of CustomPC today with the Air Cube featured inside woohoo .

Pretty chuffed .

I think up next is a rematch with my first scratch build that was based on the Lian-Li X2000, after that a new original .