Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334

Thread: Project - Air Cube v2

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default Re: Project - Air Cube v2

Ah, it's ok guys no need for suggestions now .

I think I've got the perfect title & even better as it has zero results in google at this moment when I add "Project ?" with it being a mix of 2 very fitting words that will work awesome to describe it, I'll keep it to myself though until I start the new thread once I've got a little progress to show .

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default Re: Project - Air Cube v2

Hey all , been scratching my head big time over which front/top to do after making an easier plan b for the top/front, so want to know what you all think about this possible v2 top/front.

Original would look great but I feel it could be a nightmare to add grills that don't look a mess without CNC for new air to get inside the case, I'll possibly make both though just to be sure.

New version would be awesome for ventilation, the bars could either be shaped nicely on top of the side bars or flush fitting with the main side bars.

Try to ignore the colouring as it's completely undecided for what colours it will be.

Also I'm very close to starting this thing .

----------------
    26-nov

the v2 is extra busy & got some helpful comments over at ocuk to use some mesh which I'm thinking of adapting to this other alternative which I was unable to do in sketchup with it being a curved surface so drew it roughly instead.

What this will do is with the fans being a bit of distance from the cover it should enable it to catch plenty of ambient air while keeping the look clean, could even put some mesh as suggested by Diggsy on ocuk in these side vents.

PSU has been decided & will be the corsair 850W AX 100% modular psu so I don't need to void the warranty , been looking at MDPC sleeving, their sleeving is just the best imo, even though hardly any wires will be seen except the pci express power, the wire work will be seen from the other side so I'll be aiming for a very good look so it's going to be super neat with precise length cables so will be my first proper go at doing good sleeving .

Sold a bunch of my un needed things so have budget for bits & bobs & a PSU, GPU, fans, would have bought a p55 system but want to wait & see what the next gen AMD & Intel CPU's are like.

Just waiting for some ultra fine tip shapies markers to arrive, then I'm good to start, can't seem to find them locally .

---------
    27 nov
    Updated the model with basic vents, I can't do shape cut outs on curved surfaces.

---------
    Lols I've been spending like a crazy fool after seeing through some eBay sales , was split between a corsair 100% modular psu & MDPC sleeving start-up, just made my first order with Nils for some of that super awesome sleeving, I had to buy a good crimping tool & a Molex extractor, nearly bought the ATX extractor but looked up the pins method which looks easy enough after plenty of practice, loads of cable fasteners of all sizes, sata connectors for custom length cables, 10 metres of sata sleeving, 40 metres of small sleeving & the relevant heat shrink.

Going with plain black for my first go at good sleeving, was going to buy a corsair 100% modular psu but when I seen how much it's going to cost to start doing quality sleeving I thought my enermax galaxy 1kw is doing fine so I'll just sleeve that instead & replace the noisy fans on it .

Anyway this will let me find out roughly how much of whatever I need to do a full psu & fans, headers etc so my future orders with them should hopefully be lower cost.

Got all the case fans, replacement psu fans ordered, a GTX 580 so I'll be selling my gigabyte hd 5870 1gb soon, some basics like low tack masking tape, digital callipers, m3 inserts.

One thing I do know is if I have to stick with my gigabyte p45-dq6 for another build I'm going to make a casing for it so it's mostly hidden but so it still gets plenty of air flow, in fact if I do do that I'll try to make it highly focused air flow, the colours are just way to discombobulated for this build .

Still waiting for fine tip permanent markers .