Thread: Windows 7 xp mode question

Overclocked

Default Windows 7 xp mode question

Ok heres the question is it like virtual pc 2007 (from microsoft free) just with window support to run the program in a window or can it run games as well because the virtual pc 2007 was limited to 8mb video card that limits what can run on it... or can it run everything your video card can run normally I want to know because if its limited on the video card part there is no point for me to get windows 7 because its basicly like vista dressed up a little nicer..

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Windows 7 xp mode question

its like vista dressed up and toned down as well, it runs a lot faster/smoother than vista did

windows 7 is much faster than vista (But saying that vista has speed up considerbly since SP2)

and XP mode is i assuming compatability mode? if so, then its better than vista's version, as it has the old XP kernel on the system so its not emulating it, it acctually has access to one, thius kernal then passes all info the the 7 kernel so it can access any and all windows resources.

I only know this as i've recently ripped the new 7 kernel apart for personal reasons, i tend to strip down windows, i managed to get vista down to 23 processes (From 40 from install) my current system is vista sp2 ultimate x64 with kaspery, firefox open, an extra explorer open for file browsing, MP, deamon tools and im only using 32 processes!

Im impressed

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

XP Mode is XP Home running in a VM.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

yea, but the VM has access to all the system files ect ect,

So all in all its generally better than the old compat mode

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    Im impressed
    So you should be