Page 1 of 44 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Oblivion

So I never have been into the WOW / Magic / knights etc type games. Always been a die hard FPS, racing, sports and GTA fan. I was in wal-mart today and noticed they has Oblivion the complete collection on clearence for $10 so I grabbed it. My question is, Is it any fun?

Anodized

Default Re: Oblivion

I haven't played it but...

I think Fallout 3 is from the same studio and it's kickass. It's more like GTA than WOW, IMO. LOL BRB WTF FTW.

I bet there's some gameplay vids on YouTube.
    Will

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I just installed it. We will see if this old 7300gs can handle it. If not, this will make game #3 I have bought and not been able to play since my 8800gts burnt up.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series (though I only started with Morrowind), so I highly recommend it. I will occasionally loose a weekend because I started playing it, and completely forgot about everything else (you know, eating, sleeping...going outside...). I originally ran Oblivion on an AGP Radeon X800XT AIW, and it ran ok at 1280x1024 with most of the settings up fairly high, but with no AA and practically no shadows. So it might be ok on your 7300, but it definitely won't be as beautiful as it could be otherwise.

I also recommend getting some mods for it like unofficial patches and the such. I enjoyed the game but I like RPGs and how open it is. Also pick skills carefully you don't want acrobatics as a major skill (well for most people).

Quote Originally Posted by Killa_Ape View Post
    you don't want acrobatics as a major skill (well for most people).
    Heehee, or so you think

Seriously though, Killa_Ape's right; make sure you pick a good starting skillset for the character/combat type you want to use. With my main Oblivion char, I set everything up for a heavy brawler, then got fed up with having to carry all the heavy armor around all the time, and switched to light armor...I never did get my light-armor skill up as high as my heavy was....

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Visually, Oblivion is pretty awesome. Gameplay wise, its... fun, but not super addicting or anything. It can be pretty challenging sometimes and can take a lot of time to do just a few things. I recommend cheat codes if you get bored. lol

I love the Elder Scrolls series though. Morrowind was probably the most addicting game I've ever played aside from WoW. That game was EXPANSIVE like there was no tomorrow and there is always something to do.

"Finishing" an Elder Scrolls game is only a pretty small part of playing those kinds of games. I almost never finish them just because you can do so much else and its insanely easy to get distracted.

Personally, I think WoW is a hundred times more fun than Oblivion or Morrowind though. I can't imagine a game more fun and addicting for that genre. Totally worth the 15 a month imo. Especially if you split it with a friend(s).
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

www.tesnexus.com

Mod the **** out of it or you'll get bored really fast.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Pro-tip: Jump, Jump and then Jump some more. That's always one of the first things I do. Its a very handy skill to level and its easy to level, just jump whenever you can, which is always.

Heavy armor is plentiful in the game, while good lightweight armor is a bit tougher to find. Its worth if you can find it, but I usually just stick with heavy since daedric is everywhere and glass armor is a bit rare. You want to level endurance(?) so you can carry a lot though, since heavy limits how much you can carry quite a bit.

Weapons don't matter too much so just pick whatever. You'll probably change every other second anyways. I usually do. I stick to mostly battle axes and swords though.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Strength is the main contributing attribute that determines how much you can carry.