Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Oblivion

I finally finished the dream world quest. I took my time and payed attention to the clues and it worked out fine. So I was wanting some awesome new armor. I head back to the arena to finish out the arena quest with my new character and I am getting my butt handed to me. These people are running straight through me and killing me within 2-3 hits. I cant block them, all of my different magic spells are doing no good. So I resort to the cheat to kill the first 2 matches. Then I decide to fight as had as I can to kill the next guy. He wipes me out no matter what I did. SO I check my settings and for some reason the difficulty is set to max. I didn't change it so I am guessing that the dream world changed it.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I'm tempted to play Morrowind again. It really had a lot more to it than Oblivion does, but unfortunately the game engine sucks.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    I'm tempted to play Morrowind again. It really had a lot more to it than Oblivion does, but unfortunately the game engine sucks.
    I'm not sure it has significantly more content than Oblivion (though it sure has a greater variety of weapons) but it definitely requires more dedication on the part of the player, what with not having an auto-locate feature for quests, not nearly as nice an in-game map (paper map FTW!), and no fast-travel..yes, that's right kids; back in those days we walked everywhere. Uphill both ways. In pouring ash. And we LIKED it.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I love my memories of Morrowind, but because of my new memories of Oblivion, I fear that re-playing Morrowind now would only end in disappointment. It sure was a heck of a lot more expansive than Oblivion, that's for sure. Oblivion is like Elder Scrolls Concentrate, while Morrowind is a bit more watered down, at least comparatively. You had to walk FOREVER just to get anywhere.

In other news, I haven't even begun the main quest yet. lol I've been playing the side quests this entire time. Its going to be interesting once I start the main quest, at level 14+. I wonder how it will affect gameplay, like items and such. Maybe I'll get much sweeter rewards now...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I just realized my problem with Oblivion... there's less depth than Morrowind. I actually loved having to figure out where to go for quests and all that. I enjoy thinking to solve puzzles and whatnot. I'd just like the game to have a bit more to the armor and everything than "oh hey, yeah, chain mail is way better than fur" and everything like that. It's a cool game, but I guess I lost interest in it kinda fast.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Having more equipment options would definitely be nice. Something... new? Its basically rehashed stuff from Morrowind, except only the main gear. It doesn't have any of the cool armor, like in Tribunal. That and a lot of it doesn't look as good as in Morrowind. The Glass especially. I don't like the refined look, I liked the messy crazy look.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I am the kind of guy who can play BF2 for hours on end and not get bored so Oblivion is always refreshing to me.

I think the idea behind the more refined look of the glass armor was that the armorsmiths in Cyrodiil had access to more advanced techniques to work with the 'glass', which is really more like crystal than glass...what with it being mined and all.

I also feel that Oblivion is a bit too shallow for my liking. I liked the problem-solving aspect of stuff, and the need to actually research people and have the map out and be looking at it, in order to find people and things. Also, the travel, with having to determine what the best way to travel was, where the closest boat/Silt Strider was, setting and using teleport spells (god I loved those...made bringing back loot soooo much easier). All in all, I guess Morrowind just requires a lot more dedication and thought than Oblivion does. I also loved how the armor was broken down so much in Morrowind. My char had such a hodge-podge looking set or armor, with practically no two pieces alike (I think the two pauldrens were the same), but it was comprised almost entirely of unique, legendary stuff that I spent months collecting, so it was about the best suit or armor possible. ...which reminds me, I need to find the Courais of Saviour's Hide.. *runs off to find Hircine's shrine*

EDIT: ..damn...I have to be level 17...

Lvl 14...... Just finished off the Arena and leveled up twice in 4 matches. Now I need to do some Mage guild stuff. Have been neglecting that since I got my staff. I also need something new in the way of weapons. This silver stuff is getting old. Maybe I will go clear some dungons.

Yup, at level 14 you should see a lot of Dwarven weapons in dungeons, but if you hit 15 you'll start seeing a lot of Glass.