Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Oblivion

If you upgrade to a 9600 or gtx 260 or any of the mid 9 and all 200 series cards you should be able to run oblivion at Max. I have every thing set to high even all the water and grass settings and the 8800gts doesn't even twitch. The fan never speeds up over idle and my temp sensor shows it only moving up about 2 degrees.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Just finished all of the Mage Guild quests, I'm now the Archmage. The coolest thing I got from doing all of that? A ring of night eye.

oh well, got a lot of experience from it anyways.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

One of my favorite mods was this one that made it so night-eye was toggled on and off instead of a short duration and draining so much magicka. Instead it used a couple magicka every few seconds until turned off, which made a ton more sense.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    If you upgrade to a 9600 or gtx 260 or any of the mid 9 and all 200 series cards you should be able to run oblivion at Max. I have every thing set to high even all the water and grass settings and the 8800gts doesn't even twitch. The fan never speeds up over idle and my temp sensor shows it only moving up about 2 degrees.
    So the 200 series cards are the latest cards? It's so hard to keep up w/ and it doesn't help that they don't have a seemingly logical naming system. Are the GTX cards better than the GTS cards?

Speaking of cool things... I forget were it was but I found this quest at one of the demon shrines were afterwords I received this awesome lock pick that was unbreakable. I swear it was the best object I ever found and I couldn't see playing the game w/ out it. The demon's name might have been Nocturnal but I'm really not sure.

Edit: Google teaches me that the item is the Skeleton key.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

yes the 200 series cards are the latest. You should be able to find a mid grade one for around $100. As far as performance goes its gs gt gts gtx and gx2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Just finished all of the Mage Guild quests, I'm now the Archmage. The coolest thing I got from doing all of that? A ring of night eye.

oh well, got a lot of experience from it anyways.
    Welcome to the guild my friend.

I like the dark brotherhood quest. Lots of awesome swag from them.
    I need to get started on the fighters guild quest soon.

I found an enchanted helmet in a cave that has detect life 500 feet, fortify magica, and 15pts frost damage on touch. It a silver helmet so its noting pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Welcome to the guild my friend.

I like the dark brotherhood quest. Lots of awesome swag from them.
    I need to get started on the fighters guild quest soon.

I found an enchanted helmet in a cave that has detect life 500 feet, fortify magica, and 15pts frost damage on touch. It a silver helmet so its noting pretty.
    I have to agree that the dark brotherhood was some of the most fun I ever had w/ that game. You also got that bitchin light armor. The mages guild was alright but seems kind of tedious at points. The brotherhood was just fun.

I have to admit I never got around to playing the main quest. The one time I tried to get back in to it, it was a lot harder than the smaller quests. Maybe it was just because I had leveled up so much by then, IDK.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luciusad2004 View Post
    So the 200 series cards are the latest cards? It's so hard to keep up w/ and it doesn't help that they don't have a seemingly logical naming system. Are the GTX cards better than the GTS cards?
    pre-200 series:
    [line#/generation][model#] [version]
    ex:
    9800 GTX ==> [9][800] [GTX]
    8600 GT ==> [8][600] [GT]

200 series:
    [version] [line#/generation][model#]
    ex:
    GTX 260 ==> [GTX] [2][60]
    GTS 250 ==> [GTS] [2][50]

All follow the version rankings that Oneslowz28 mentioned (though not all the version he listed will be present for every model or even line).

ATI follows a similar naming convention (while we're at it):
    [line#/generation][model#] [X2_ifapplicable]
    ex:
    4870 ==> [48][70]
    4850 X2 ==> [48][50] [X2]

Sorry, IDK if that made it more or less confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by luciusad2004 View Post
    Speaking of cool things... I forget were it was but I found this quest at one of the demon shrines were afterwords I received this awesome lock pick that was unbreakable. I swear it was the best object I ever found and I couldn't see playing the game w/ out it. The demon's name might have been Nocturnal but I'm really not sure.

Edit: Google teaches me that the item is the Skeleton key.
    Deadra, not demons

But, yes, the skeleton key is an absolute must-have item for anyone who regularly picks locks in Oblivion. It also has a constant-effect Fortify Security 40 points, which also makes picking locks a lot easier (enchantment is constant as long as you have it in your inventory). And, yes, Nocturnal is the one who gives it to you.

If you're looking for cool swag from guild quests, imo the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quests provide the best swag. Especially the last quest in for the Thieves Guild

Wow, thanks that actually clears it up quite a bit.

And yeah, I knew they weren't called demons... its just been a while since I've played... couldn't remember what the game called them.

This thread is making me want to play again lol. Last time I borrowed this game I ended up playing it every day all through the night until the sun was coming up and I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

Zeph or x88x.... I installed the armory mod. I can not get any of my weapons into the cases. I drop them and they just hit the floor. What am I doing wrong?