Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Oblivion

you guys are making me want to play more tonight.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I really wish they made this game (and many others) with a cooperative multiplayer feature. That would really make me play it more.

but wouldnt it be like WOW then? [disclaimer] never played a single second of WOW[/disclaimer]

Well, WoW isn't really a game because it's not fun, lol. Oblivion is significantly different from WoW, and I'm thinking more like a multiplayer mode of at most four people playing the same game. I dunno. I just don't like the whole competitive multiplayer aspect of games. I don't enjoy it very much.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    but wouldnt it be like WOW then? [disclaimer] never played a single second of WOW[/disclaimer]
    It would be like an advanced version of WoW. Personally, I like WoW more. Its not nearly as realistic or as aesthetically stunning, but its just fun. In some areas WoW is actually more advanced than Oblivion. Like the ability to make your own armor or weapons, or the sheer variety of everything. The list goes on and on, WoW is intensely immersive, much more than even Oblivion. Thats why I was sucked into it for.. jeez. I don't even know. Multiple years of playing at least 10 hours a week and sometimes 10 hours a day. WoW isn't just a game, its a change of lifestyle for many. I'm glad I stopped playing and finally got bored of it, I was going no where fast. WoW Crack indeed. lol

If they made an Oblivion MMO.. lol man I don't even know. The lag would be crazy just in the simple areas. It would be fun though, to see other people and join up for quests, etc etc. Thats the best part of WoW is the social interaction. But they would have to make the game MUCH bigger to accommodate people. WoW is probably 50 times bigger than Oblivion. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I see.

An MMO would be interesting... but I was thinking more of smaller network or online games for people that prefer cooperative over crazy-ass kill-each-other chaos, lol.

They are making an Oblivion MMO supposedly....I remember hearing about it a year or 2 back they were working on it, no idea if they still are and too lazy to google right now ;p

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killa_Ape View Post
    They are making an Oblivion MMO supposedly....I remember hearing about it a year or 2 back they were working on it, no idea if they still are and too lazy to google right now ;p
    Yea there are a few rumors going around. The MMO is supposed to be called Destiny's End and there is another rumor that says there will be an Elder Scrolls 5 called Shadow Realm. I think its all basically vaporware though. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised by an Elder Scrolls 5. It just takes a long time to develop games like these.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Yeah, they do have a long time between games; between Morrowind and Oblivion it was about 4 years....so with that timeline, a 2010 release of the Elder Scrolls 5 sounds about right.

Personally I'm holding out hope that eventually Bethesda will make an ES MMO covering the entire continent of Tamriel. The lore is already there, they just need to make the stupidly huge game

@Oneslowz28:
    The first time in jail really isn't bad, you get a small hit to some of your stats, but it's not as big a problem on the lower levels. The thing you have to worry about more is if you have any stolen stuff, you won't get it back when you get out.
    Alternatively, I forget which, it's either the Thieves Guild or the Assassin's Guild, has agents who can get rid of your bounty for a fee.
    If you do go to jail, you get to keep one lockpick, so if you're good enough you can actually break out, sneak up, grab your stuff, and sneak out. To get past the guard at the very end though, you have to either have an insanely high sneak skill or have an invisibility ring or spell.

btw, incase anyone else was having the issue with Oblivion crashing, I found out that it was the Xonar control panel thing. I uninstalled that, then loaded the Xonar driver manually, and it's working just fine now.