Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Oblivion

I've been using a 2 Damage Dagger with a 5 Fire Spell Damage Enchant that I picked up from a goon somewhere. I mostly use my One Handed Fine Steel Sword though, which does 5 or 6 damage, something like that. Boy those daggers are quick though, just too bad the enchant doesn't last very long before you have to go get it recharged, that's why I save it for the tough guys.

Go to Camp Ale. I can't remember where it is, its more northwestern than anything though I believe. I think its over by that first Fort place, where the first oblivion gate is. But anyways, thats where I got all my inheritance and other quests. You collect all the dwarven artifacts from bandits in that area, then you take it to the city to the mage district and it unlocks this area and this machine that can grant you different major powers depending on the moon cycle. Its a pretty simple quest with some pretty good items from the bandits, a bit of gold too if I remember, although not much. Its mainly about the enchanted items and the dwarven pieces.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Huh, I guess I never hit that corner of Cyrodiil.

@Oneslowz28: For good quests, join guilds. You'll hit a lot of crap quests at first, but once you advance a little, you'll start getting fun really fun quests, and really nice items.

Another source of quests is the Daedric Shrines scattered around the wilderness. They usually have weird requirements before they'll let you start, but you get sweet stuff as rewards.

@Zephik: For refilling enchanted weapons, look into soul-trapping monsters. It lets you fill up your weapons on the cheap once you get the spell, especially if you use soul gems you find or steal. Alternately, you could use Varla stones, which will each one completely refill an enchanted item, regardless of capacity, but I wouldn't really recommend that since they go for 1000 Septims each, and are pretty rare...there's generally only one in each Ayleid ruin.

@everyone fighting with such low-level stuff in the Arena....seriously, go crawl some dungeons. My current char is only up to level 11, but I've already found a whole bunch of expensive, and sometimes enchanted, Dwarven weapons, Magic Staffs, and even some Orcish armor (crazy expensive, like, a full suit runs about 3500 Septims). I've sold most of it because I'm going for light-armor, hand-to-hand with this char, but with previous chars I've done, the best weapons and armor that I've had was always either dungeon crawling or quests.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this before, but, if while you're wandering the wilderness, doing dungeon crawls, if you happen to contract Poryphic Hemophilia...fun things can happen...

So.... remember that place I inherited but kept forgetting to check out? Yea, I checked it out.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Frostcrag_Spire

Most freaking awesome place ever! I have my own mages tower! And it is LOADED with goodies.

Highly recommended!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Dude thats pretty sweet. I have been running around doing Some of the quest for the Dark brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    So.... remember that place I inherited but kept forgetting to check out? Yea, I checked it out.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Frostcrag_Spire

Most freaking awesome place ever! I have my own mages tower! And it is LOADED with goodies.

Highly recommended!
    Oooh, that makes me feel a bit better. It's part of one of the Knights of the Nine add-ons, not the base game. Still, pretty awesome. I remember when i got my first mage's tower in Morrowind...yay for no stairs

As a side note, I ran into a problem again last night that I had hit before but never figured out. If you have an autosave that crashes the game when you try to load it, go to the save games directory, get rid of autosave.ess and rename autosave.bak to autosave.ess Just thought I'd throw that up here incase anyone has a similar problem since I know I've hit it before, and only yesterday found the solution.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

9 pages for a 3 - 4 year old game. The original thread only went a few pages.

Anyone know where to buy a glass sword from?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post

I'm on page 18. I can't remember if I changed my account settings or not...

I'm not sure if you can buy one in Oblivion, I knew you could in Morrowind, but only toward the endish of the game and by that time, you could sometimes find them.

There is a level requirement for certain items, but I can't remember what it is. Probably sometime around 15 and then much more often around 20. Give or a take a few levels.

I've been using dwarven lately, its heavy but does more damage than anything else I can currently get. I found a ton of dwarven stuff on the mehrunez razor quest, which is a pretty sweet dagger. It has the ability to banish daedra on strike. There was also a bunch of pretty good enchanted equipment throughout the quest.

When it first came out, I ran it using a Radeon X300SE graphics card. lol crazy how far we've come. Even back then that card was pretty much meh. 4 pixel pipelines I believe. lol

Oh, you think that's impressive, let's start a Morrowind thread. If it weren't for Oblivion, I might still be playing that game.

Hurrah for the Elder Scrolls, some of the most long-lasting (non-MMO) games in existence.

I don't know of a vendor off the top of my head who would have glass stuff for sale, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you have to ask, you probably wouldn't be able to afford it yet anyways. There's no level requirement on weapons in Oblivion, but it would probably run you around 3k Septims, and that's with a vendor you're on really good terms with (iirc the actual value of a glass longsword is around 2k). However, since the NPCs level with you, once you hit level 25-30 or so, you'll be swimming in the things. What level is your char at? Once you hit 20, I would highly recommend doing Boethia's quest; Goldbrand is one of the best swords in the game. It's the second most powerful in raw damage, passed by Umbra...which is in the possession of...well, Umbra (anyone who knows the lore of Umbra knows what I'm talking about for those who don't, go here), in some random Aylied ruin somewhere. I think it might be near the Imperial city somewhere.

Actually, you know what, just go and try killing Umbra. Save beforehand though, because she'll probably kick your ass. ..unless you use the tips on the char page linked to...

Also, as is noted on the char page, her armor is leveled, so if you're below level 15 when you kill her, you'll only get armor equivalent in strength to Orcish armor, but if you kill her at or above 15, you'll get armor equivalent in strength to Ebony armor.

I liked umbra's sword much more in Morrowind than in Oblivion for some reason.