Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone interested in laser etching/cutting plexiglass?

Default Re: Anyone interested in laser etching/cutting plexiglass?

As we've never tried etching on anodized surfaces yet, in theory it should be able to. I will bring some scrap pieces down there next week to try out and see how it turns out.

As for depth, it makes no difference how thick the material is, it's the matter of how deep you want to cut/etch into it. But in terms of what can fit inside, height wise, for etching I think something up to 6" is safe to fit. As for how deep an etch can go, it all depends. Depth is based on the power of the machine and how we set the settings. Usually, we leave the speed % at 100% and power at 15% which is how the etches turn out in the pictures. For a deeper etch, we can switch the power to 50% if we'd like but we'd have to cut down the speed time and would take a while for the etch and would cost extra since it'll take longer.

And also, it varies sometimes for how thick of plexi the machine can cut. 1/4" is the best cut and 1/2" will sometimes cut. So we'll say 1/4" as a safe bet

I was asking about a plexi case, anywho.

LMK if you guys have an interest, this would be a very strange case (few major cuts though) since it would be for submersion.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    I was asking about a plexi case, anywho.

LMK if you guys have an interest, this would be a very strange case (few major cuts though) since it would be for submersion.
    Shoot me an email or PM and we can discuss further about this project. I can definitely help you out with cutting, but we just need to make sure our measurements and everything are correct. Let me know!

I have a few customers interested in getting some work done. Thanks for all the support so far. I will be going down to my bro's place next weekend, the 25th, to work on whatever orders I get from now until next Thursday.

Well if you can cut/etch custom pieces I might be interested in having a few pieces cut to go in my custom side panel for my project XPS, with maybe a small etching. I'll send you a PM about what exactly I want done.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Quote Originally Posted by chaksq View Post
    Well if you can cut/etch custom pieces I might be interested in having a few pieces cut to go in my custom side panel for my project XPS, with maybe a small etching. I'll send you a PM about what exactly I want done.
    Replied