Thread: Multi monitor question and problem

Default Multi monitor question and problem

Hello there, i am thinking about doing a 3 monitor set up i have 2 things i gotta ask. one being i have a Radio HD4830 with VGA DVI and HDMI outputs now i am wondering if i can actually run all 3 monitors off of this card or will i need to get another card of some sort and use that for the 3rd monitor? also i am testing 2 monitors at the moment, one on VGA and one on DVI but the problem is whenever i do something like scrolling down a web page, or right clicking for example i get this really strange flicker and a large horizontal line the color of my desktop running down the screen, and in addition to that every now and then i will get a screen with red vertical lines causing me to have to reset my comp, im assuming it is just freezing with that er something cuz the screen on my G15 stops responding. have any of you guys had this kind of problems with dual monitors or the Radio HD4830? any advice would be appreciated.
    -cheers
    djbartos93

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Multi monitor question and problem

It sounds like you're having driver problems; try updating to the latest version that ATI will let you have. As for the third monitor, you'll most likely have to get another card; the HDMI is almost definitely just a re-pinning of the DVI plug, just internally inst4ead of with an adapter. by all means, try it if you have the equipment to do so, but don't be too surprised or disappointed if it doesn't push all three.

to run more then 2 monitors with a card like this you need another vid card.
    the card can only send the signal to 2 of the outputs

nothing to do with the drivers

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Quote Originally Posted by slytherock View Post
    to run more then 2 monitors with a card like this you need another vid card.
    the card can only send the signal to 2 of the outputs

nothing to do with the drivers
    Yeah, I was saying the image problems he's having are probably driver-related. ..actually, come to think of it, try re-seating the card; it might just be a loose connection there causing the lines/etc.

ok well i did update my drivers and it fixed it till i overclocked the card again, apparently when indybird was helping me build the comp he overclocked the gfx card a bit, well for some odd reason that was causing it to co all crazy with 2 monitors. and as for getting a second gfx card, what would you guys recommend, it would only be for the 3rd monitor and would need to fun crisys at close to full gfx.
    -cheers
    djbartos93

Ah, yeah, that would make sense. Something's probably overheating from the overclocking, and that's what's causing the artifacts. As for the second card, I'm assuming you meant that it would not need to run Crysis? If you are planning on getting a nicer card and bumping the Radeon 4830 to the secondary, that's a completely different matter. For getting a second card you definitely want to get an ATI card; mixing ATI and nVidia does not work very well. Apart from that, what open expansion slots do you have on your MBB?

ok well i was doin a bit of research and found out that you cannot use 2 cards to do triple monitor gaming, i would need to get a card that could handle running 3 monitors by itself. so in that case what 4 port card would you guys recommend. i was looking at the radio 4850 but thats one expensive card, any other ideas?
    -cheers
    djbartos93

What kind of 'triple monitor gaming' are you thinking of? Because if you mean what I think you mean by that, then you won't be able to do it with one card either. Well, regardless, if you're looking for a 4-port card, check out this thread. Basically, the Radeon 4850 X2 is the cheapest quad-head card on the market....by about $200.