Thread: Scythe Slip Stream 120mm Case Fan

Default Scythe Slip Stream 120mm Case Fan

I need to buy four 120mm case fans, and I was wondering if anyone has used the Scythe Slip Stream here. It says 10.7dBa, and 40.17CFM. Is that true, or is it (supposedly) 10.7 dBa at the lowest setting, and 40.12CFM at a higher (louder) setting?

Also has anyone used this Yate Loon fan? I read 2 good reviews about it, but I am still wary due to its extremely low price.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Scythe Slip Stream 120mm Case Fan

I'm not sure if it was that exact one, and lacking an audio lab testing setup I can't quote you any numbers, but I have used Scythe Slipstream 120mm fans and was very impressed with the air flow/noise ratio. Some of the best I've seen, but I haven't been able to cough up the cash for a Noctua yet.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    I'm not sure if it was that exact one, and lacking an audio lab testing setup I can't quote you any numbers, but I have used Scythe Slipstream 120mm fans and was very impressed with the air flow/noise ratio. Some of the best I've seen, but I haven't been able to cough up the cash for a Noctua yet.
    I have coughed up the cash Noctua fans in DeskPooter. Have 2 x 120 mm and 2 x 92 mm and a Noctua CPU cooler. They are the dogs biscuits.

With the Ultra-Low Noise Adapter you get 49 M^3/hour @ 6 dB (@ 1 metre) but you don't need them running that slowly. Even at running at full tilt the noisiest fan in my system was the northbridge cooler on the MOBO which got replaced as a result. Using the Low Noise Adapter you'll get around 45 CFM moving @ 10 dB.

CB

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article695-page4.html
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/revi...s12_fans/4.htm < listen to the older version of the fan here.

49 M^3/H ~ 28.8 CFM

Airflow
    100,6 m³/h

Airflow with L.N.A.
    75,8 m³/h

Airflow with U.L.N.A.
    49,2 m³/h

Acoustical Noise
    18,1 dB(A)

Acoustical Noise with L.N.A.
    10,6 dB(A)

Acoustical Noise with U.L.N.A.
    6,2* dB(A)

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Thanks very much for the info! I'm planning on buying one for the build I'm currently working on. I love the look of their 7-blade fans, the silence is a huge bonus.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Thanks both of you for the info on the fans. +rep to you both.

Has anyone tried any Yate Loon fans?