Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How far in debt is the US again?

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: How far in debt is the US again?

My spidey senses are tingling. This thread will be closed by tomorrow? lol

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLERMAN21 View Post
    Australia's a pretty cool place Although we do have a true retard for a prime minister and were also in debt, but not as much as you guys. Finland would be cool, or Norway, or Sweden. Basically Scandinavia is the place to be.
    All government is, is retards arguing. Don't believe me? Watch one parliament session (It was better than the comedy channel). However, even though Ruddkips is pretty back, he's nothing compared to turnbull. I've heard turnbull twice say "When I'm prime minister, and at the next election I will be". I'm still hoping the NBN will be great. FttH ftw!
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post
    Such a shame, we had a budget surplus back in 1999. Good thing we elected a president who lowered taxes while simultaneously involving us in a handful of illegal and unnecessary wars! I love the people in my country. To think, we might have actually paid a good chunk of it down by now, good thing George W. Bush saved us from such a terrible fate!
    Most people, I think, understand that the actions of the American Govt's is not representative of the people. I've only been to the US once but I loved the people there. It seems they were lead astray by mistaken doctrine-driven politicians and the appalling TV. This is what I wrote at the time in 2007:

I really loved California - at least that little bit I saw. Not their TV though. According to American TV God is blessing America, driving round in a four by four (SUV), viewing real estate in which to invest His instant get rich quick profits.
    Not any more ... I guess the American dream is real, having been there and seen a little of it, but ... in the hubris of recent years a lot of people forgot you have to work to make it come true ...

CB

Last edited by Crazy Buddhist; 07-25-2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: bCos iCan

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    All government is, is retards arguing. Don't believe me? Watch one parliament session (It was better than the comedy channel). However, even though Ruddkips is pretty back, he's nothing compared to turnbull. I've heard turnbull twice say "When I'm prime minister, and at the next election I will be". I'm still hoping the NBN will be great. FttH ftw!
    Lol, yeah, in year 7 we went to Canberra for a week and we got to sit in on some kind of parliament session. Didn't really pay that much attention but from what I remember it was...well, stupid really.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Such a shame, we had a budget surplus back in 1999.
    You do realize that Slick Willy's "surplus" was created by pushing some bill signing dates around, right? That move was quite possibly the greatest dupe of the 20th century.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    You do realize that Slick Willy's "surplus" was created by pushing some bill signing dates around, right? That move was quite possibly the greatest dupe of the 20th century.
    But the federal government's budget outlook was, at least, more positive than it was after GB's tax cuts and wars, right? From every angle I look at, even though he spent more, Clinton's tax raises made the amount of money the federal government took in more than they spent. He had a budget surplus, from what I can research, give me some links that make it seem like he didn't.
    You love my sig.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Don't believe me? Watch one parliament session (It was better than the comedy channel).
    I know; it's pretty bad. Sadly, I have a feeling that that is what the house and Senate sessions are going to look like within the next few years.

But the federal government's budget outlook was, at least, more positive than it was after GB's tax cuts and wars, right? From every angle I look at, even though he spent more, Clinton's tax raises made the amount of money the federal government took in more than they spent. He had a budget surplus, from what I can research, give me some links that make it seem like he didn't.
    The economy was so good at that time, that it was possible to collect that much in taxes, but of course, everybody wants tax cuts. I don't think taxes should be cut when they don't need to be, or risen as much as they are going up now.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

It seems all countries are in debt. I think China will own the world soon
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    It seems all countries are in debt. I think China will own the world soon
    China and Japan own over 60% of the US national debt between them.

Not that it's worth much

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

Yeah lol B's right China owns a fair bit of you, and they're being nice at the moment and they're continuing the loan. One day China, Russia and North Korea will plan world domination, you watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.