Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Project Clockwork vII

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Project Clockwork vII

I've been working on some finish and paint on this thing. I got the new panels finished using the same color as the last one but with an extra coat for a little more shine. After buffing it with 0000 steel wool I got a very nice satin look.

Also been doing some rust painting again. Remember these?

Now they look much better.

Can you believe I DID that?? The motherboard tray and expansion slot covers are done also, and the optical drive box I built is almost done. That is turning out very well.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

those came out great! nice work!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Wow, nice rust!

...ok, that just sounds weird...

Are you going to be aging the wood any?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

LOL.. I should follow this thing more closely. I saw your post from May about the jewel light, and I instantly thought, "That looks like the one on a vintage fender amp!"

Then CJ beat me to it.. also in May.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    .. also in May.
    Yeah, yeah, I know. I've been busy. Hope to have some more pics of the newly-aged components up soon. Next will be the angle iron I made for the corners and then to age and dress up my H50 cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Are you going to be aging the wood any?
    No, I don't think so. There are a couple of chips in the veneer, and with that, the old controls gauges and gears on the outside and the rusted angle iron all the way around it I think it will look perfect as is.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I seem to remember you mentioning something about a Jacobs Ladder to me once. Well if the High Voltage is too much, this might be the perfect solution. http://hackaday.com/2010/12/12/jacob...using-el-wire/

Now that is exceedingly cool. +rep for the find, thanks!

I'm also seriously digging whatever that light is to the left of his Jacob's ladder in the video, you have any idea what that's called?

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

You are very welcome. I check HaD about 15 times a day and when I saw that I just had to show it to you. Thanks for the Rep!

Yea it looks like a plasma tube to me as well.

As much as it saddens me to say it, as of today this project is offically dead.

Countless hours and many dollars went into this project, but I enjoyed it and learned a lot from it. And that's really what modding is all about for me.

Hopefully someday you will come across some other derivation of the theme from me on these pages, as I do love the way it was going, but I promise you I won't subject you to Clockwork vIII.
    Last edited by blueonblack; 05-20-2011 at 02:00 PM.