Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Project Clockwork vII

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Project Clockwork vII

Aww, I got all excited.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, yeah?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, yeah?
    Yeah is was.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Ugh sorry to hear that mate really liked this one, had many awesome touches but like you say you had fun & learnt a ton more things from doing it so your next if you have another go at a mod (which I sure hope you do mate) should be even better .

I written off my first scratch build but learnt quite a lot from it so wasn't too much of a loss.

b.o.b how did you get the rust effect? Is it really just painted or has it actually been allowed to weather naturally? It's a great effect and I could use something like that lol Very very cool

Sorry to hear that but onward and upward, what does the blueonblack secret labs have planned next?

Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    b.o.b how did you get the rust effect? Is it really just painted or has it actually been allowed to weather naturally? It's a great effect and I could use something like that lol Very very cool
    Thanks very much. It is actually painted on, and took me a LOT of trial and error to get just right. I was planning (and had actually started) a tutorial on it but Life got in the way once again. It took seven layers of different effects to get that look, but you can make *anything* look like old rusted iron. A lot the rusted parts on this are plastic and one is even wood. If you want a step-by-step on the process let me know.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

That sucks mate, I was really looking forward to this one getting finished, was looking awesome.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Oh, just seen that it's over, didn't notice that yesterday. That's a shame b.o.b it looks really great.

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    That sucks mate, I was really looking forward to this one getting finished, was looking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    Oh, just seen that it's over, didn't notice that yesterday. That's a shame b.o.b it looks really great.
    Thanks guys. Yes I was very happy with the way it was going, but I've recently had to move and my shop has become the vessel for chaos incarnate. Add to that a major schedule change and pay cut at work and my modding time and funds have dried up. I like this piece well enough not to want to see it gathering dust in my attic, never to be touched again. Add to that my desire for a fresh start and I've decided to let it go.

As I mentioned, you'll see another project from me along this line in the future. One of the things I learned from this one was to think long and hard about the design, get it *finished* on paper, gather *all* the parts and supplies I need before I start and then do it, start to finish. This project took so many turns in design along the way that I had to start a new worklog and change the name. That was fun in a sense, but it is not conducive to a completed project. When I built Onyx I knew what it would be when it was done.

So sometime in the future you will likely see another worklog. When you do, it will go a lot more quickly and in a lot straighter path than this one.

Just out of interest B.O.B... How far from finished would this thing be if you put it back in the old case? If you still have it that is... I've just looked through the whole worklog for the first time and it's amazing. Now I've seen everything you've done I can really agree with these guys that it's a real shame we'll never see it finished. How about just finishing it up however you can and auctioning it off or something? Bet someone would take it, I certainly would but I have no money either :p Just seems so sad to have all that time and effort go into something that noone will ever get to enjoy...