Thread: Need help withsome lights

Default Need help withsome lights

I'm building a computer right now and want to have one set of lights get brighter while the other set dims, and go back and forth like this every three to five seconds or so. I need a 12V max output on each and a way to switch the whole thing off whenever I want. Anyone know where I could find a kit or schematic or pre-built piece liket this? Thanks.

Default Re: Need help withsome lights

I think I remember some type of "Night Rider" style electronic kit at this location. http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/

Or you can get something like this. http://www.lynxmotion.com/Product.as...CategoryID=105

Hope that helps.

Overclocked

sounds simple enough to build yourself... if your interested in building it yourself I might beable to skrtch up a schematic that SHOULD work (though no garentees since I'm 2 lazy to build and test it out myself :p)

so if your interested, just say so.

and what do you meen by "12v max output on each" do you mean the output of the controller to run the lights on, or do you mean an output at the end of the light chain so you can hook up additional things?

sometimes I feel lost... than I remember I'm not going anywhere.

I mean that whatever is powering the lights should slowly phase between about 3V and 12V, while the other output from the same device phases between 12V and 3V. I plan on having red and yellow EL wire hooked up so that the blending light will look like a shade of orange that phases slowly between being more red or more yellow. I would like the device to be powered by a 12V molex as well. I can build a circuit given a schematic and links to all the parts. I would give rep, maybe even money.

Have you tired to dim EL wire? The transformer is not going to like that, and will burn out prematurely.
    And for that matter, EL wire is not that bright to begin with so if you dim it, (If possible), it will barely show up at all.

hmm . . . well I don't want it to be that bright anyway. I guess I will go the way of the LED. I can solder.