Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Bärsärkar-gång

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Bärsärkar-gång

Outstanding! Interesting how this has gone from Norse mythology all the way around the bend to Bioshock. Love the choice of case and your hardware-fu is still unmatched.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Beautiful craftsmanship, as always. I can't wait to see what the full thing looks like when it's actually together.

Are you going to be adding feet of some sort, or will it be sitting on those brass brackets?

OOC, how many pins are there in that main connector? It would be awesome if you could incorporate not just the power but HDMI and USB as well, so you could have just a single cable running to it.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Hey Blue, thanks! The mythologies of Bioshock and the Berserkers are intertwined. Hopefully the remaining updates will make it slightly clearer.

Hey x88x, Thanks man! Not sure yet. I'll probably add some small rubber dots to keep it from scratching the desk either on the brass or the leather. On the power connector, there is nine but I'm using 8 for the xbox 360 power. A single cable would be nice. The usb will go out the front behind the logo when needed and the HDMI will exit the back or the side although the back right of the power connector seems likely right now.

Hmmm, oh well. Yeah, I don't know of any round 35+ pin connectors... I do remember seeing one once that was part of a sound system, but it was probably ~3" in diameter...a little to large for this (of course, it was probably more like 100 connectors...).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Whoooooo.....! Mach, I am becoming a real fan of you. I really love your Art deco/Steampunk style your the Retrosmith.

Thanks Cheron!

Don't thank me. you are great! and you do really inspire me with this and your other mods. I was wondering if you ever continue with Retromod. I really loved the way those tubes looked. but first finish this one I will be here to the end.

I need some help. Which deco design, do you think work best for the graphics card waterblock.

@Cheron: Heh, heh, yes the ghosts of our unfinished mods haunts us all. I'll finish it eventually. I really tore off more than I could handle with the sliding door. After this project, I'll have enough "know how" to tackle it (I think). I've got a few other mod ideas in the backlog that may have to be done first but we'll see.

For your perusal,

1950s Rauland Amplicall

The bigger brother was seen on Perry Mason and Star Trek.

Vermorel Copper Tank Sprayer - This was supposed to have been the case for Bärsärkar-gång but the SFF heater took control.

These soldiers are hamming it up with one in the trenches during WWI.

Here a case that I am currently chasing. I bought one from ebay and it was perfect but the seller said it was lost in shipping. There's a 3 slot on ebay now but I'm looking for a 4 slot. Anyone runs across one, let me know.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I'm going to vote deco design #2, simply for the symmetry. The wave action at the bottom of the others throws me off. Although I'm sure any of them will look excellent once you touch them, Midas.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I vote for #1. It feels...less busy than the others.
    --Benjamin Franklin