Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: Bärsärkar-gång

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Bärsärkar-gång

Agreed; tossup b/n 4&5. 4 if you want to go for the feel of Bioshock during the game (s, I assume; haven't played 2 yet). 5 if you want to go for the feel of Rapture as a thriving metropolis.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Ooo! Ooo!! #5 FTW!!!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Take the buildings from 5 and replace the triangles in 4 with it. Then remove the swoops from the top part so its just the straight bit.

Also the greyed portion at the top will be one layer lower correct?

Basically 4 and 5, mostly 4

Thanks! I'm going to run with these two:

They seem to have the best mix of all the attributes folks liked.

Fresh Paint

the new 1st one (with the city) is so awsome! +rep for haveing suck an awsome mod
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Yes! It felt like something was missing from the city one, I think that semicircle was it.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

city with semi-circle gets my vote
    "it only takes one voice to start a revolution"

#5!! and +rep... I love your work mate!!

Thanks guys! Next update on deck....

--------

From well intentioned beginnings, Operation Paperclip quickly devolved into unethical and morally questionable sub-projects. Conspiracy theorists suggest that the turning point was the recruitment of Kurt Blome, an expert in bacteriological warfare. Likely, the USA's recruitment saved Blome from the gallows as he had freely admitted to conducting human experiments prior to the Doctor's Trials in Nuremburg. His recruitment also signaled the end of any limits imposed by Truman on Operation Paperclip. Additional scientists engaged in human experimentation were actively recruited including Hermann Becker-Freysing (later convicted and sentenced to 20 years for, among other things, force feeding prisoners seawater), Brigid Tenenbaum (camp prisoner turned "das wunderkind" scientist), and Siegfriend Ruff (acquitted of killing 80 prisoners in experiments in an isobaric chamber set to simulate high altitude flight).

Emboldened by their success recruiting these new researchers, the CIA broadened their recruiting to other countries including Japan, the former USSR, and China.

-----------

I've been busy with a little research regarding block graphics. Let's start from here and work backwards.

Part of the reason that I wanted to build a set of layered block for this project was so I could etch the blocks or rather, sandblast them. I haven't seen too many people use this technique but have seen glass carvers do amazing things. Here's the top piece of brass polished for blasting.

By the way if you are trying to tap a waterblock and have a drill press, a 1/2" hole in a 2x4 makes a good guide. I tapped the holes now instead of later so the thread is to bottom.

It took asking 4 sign shops to find one that could cut vinyl as small as the design. They did an awesome job. Some of these lines are tiny.

Let's talk sandblasting equipment. This is the gun that I bought from a discount hardware store called Harbor Freight. Its pretty bad but serviceable if you're optimizing on costs vs time.

Here's my $20 blasting cabinet. One clear storage container and a couple of rubber downspout couplers.

A pair of old rubber gloves glued in place with a hole for a vacuum line and compressor line. Its not completely sealed but is at negative pressure with the vacuum so no worries.

5 lbs of aluminum oxide. With the cabinet, I was able to recycle most of this to shoot it multiple times.

Great compressor for airbrushing not so much for sand blasting. Too small.

Shop vac to keep the dust down and negative pressure in the cabinet.

Blasting a couple of test pieces.

Shooting until the compressor kicked on and then waiting till it stopped, I was able to etch some relief but it took a long time and multiple goes.

The vinyl sticker worked very well as a resist. After about the 4 or 5th pass, it did cut out the holes but it patched ok with some painters tape.

The detail is impressive; both with the vinyl and the etching. You could etch PCBs using this technique.

All in all a successful experiment. It worked reasonably well but I'm going to find someone with a serious setup before I try the big block. My compressor and the gun hopper setup is too small. Off to see if I can rent a pressure pot and a real compressor.

Oh yeah it works very well on acrylic too.

Next time, how do you braze a layer block? More experimentation underway.

Thanks for looking and many thanks to my sponsors!

Bitspower

Galaxy

HardwareLabs

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Beautiful work, I'll be looking for the brazing update.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”