Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: Bärsärkar-gång

Default Re: Bärsärkar-gång

Sorry, but i dont have in-progress pics of it. My setup is also a little bit different. The gun has a rubber cap, which should be placed agains the surface. Creating his own "sand-blast environment" +/- 1 square inch. Its made for spot repair on cars AFAIK. We have a large 150liter compressor, a easy job for him

But i do have final result pics online:

My TBCS worklogs:

HTPC Onkyo look(active!)
    Alien Hospital(on hold) - Chemical Industrial(finished) - Cosmod(finished)
    Other finished projects:
    I-spider - Chemical Overdose - The Praetorian

Awesome work _ferry_ ! Nice to see some other examples.

Good goobley goo! 2K Games has apparently started another installment of their viral campaign for Something in the Sea. A group of folks over at the BioShock 2 forums received these letters in the mail. Their last installment was insane with puzzles, live meet-ups, and hand made swag delivered by bicycle couriers in 1940s costumes. What's this have to do with this mod other than the game? A good deal of the inspiration for the back story came from the viral campaign as well as the game.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Heheheh, awesome. I love when companies do cool stuff like this.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Me too. The last one was completely over the top. I cannot see how they're going to top that but it'll be fun to watch.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...

That'll do. No bubbles underwater either.

As someone once said, if first you don't succeed then get a bigger hammer.

After the 30th strike, I inspected the damage.

Amazingly the brass didn't crack but the copper started to crack right along that black line from earlier.

I wanted to break it apart but the metal, which was soft to start, is starting to harden and become brittle. So I'll leave it at that. This concludes our testing, onto the real thing.

Special thanks to my sponsors!

Bitspower

Galaxy

HardwareLabs

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Congratulations on the successful testing.

Strangely, your block seems have held up much better than the last thumb drive I used that test on. More testing is obviously required.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Obviously! I expect to hear about that thumb drive test.

Mach,

I've been extremely busy in the last few months and haven't had many chances to drop in to check on progress. Today I did, and whoa man, you never disappoint! I remember when I first saw your work as CobraMatic was coming along and thought to myself "who is this guy?", you continue to impress me my friend.
    I was digging through my hard drive looking for a graphic for a work presentation and saw the old "mach" folder of video files and couldn't resist delving through some of the footage we worked on. I was most impressed with your final draft and you gave me way too much credit, that was all you bro and you know it! I thought it might be cool to post up the version we used to tinker with "psycho" effects also.

Keep up the very impressive and inspiring work Mach!!!

This was a teaser Mach and I were working on prior to the release of Bioshock 2 to drive a little "build-up" of energy in his worklog. I never finished it which is why there is a long gap toward the end with no content. In the end, he completed a far better video to display his masterpiece of modding skills but this version displays some rather extreme visual effects we were tampering with when coming up with the mood of a doped up psychotic splicer. Enjoy!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Hey! Did you finally get some sleep? Nice to see you back.

Ahh the video prototype. Man, its such a cool rabbit hole to fall down. So many ideas! I may need to recycle the psycho effect. The intro is amazing. Thanks for posting this up! Thanks for the compliments and credit where credit is due, you pushing me was the only reason the video got made.

At the height of its human experimentation, the CIA operated with impunity. Particularly disturbing were the experiments of a Dr Yi Suchong. Suchong defected from China through a bizarre series of events in which a CIA agent, GH White, staged Suchong's death during an interrogation. Even more bizarre or brazen, Suchong (apparently suffering no ill effects from his untimely death) was employed by the CIA only months later.

-----

Someone, x88x I believe, pointed out that a UV led would look good in the flow indicator.

A Bitspower G1/4 acrylic plug would do the trick…

but where I need to mount it is not wide enough.

Indicator dismantled

Brass adapter plate

Soldered in place

Drilled, tapped and filled

I took the opportunity to replace the orange rotor with a black one.

Lit up

Now for part II of the layer block, the real thing

Fluxed and clamped up.

Picked up some fire bricks to maintain the heat

At temperature looks good (probe temp)

Thermocouple through one of the bricks

Look at the paint burn. The gas burner did not like the fire bricks. Note how the steel is off center.

Cleaned up well. Unfortunately, it leaks like a sieve.

What happened? Several things. I don't think that 1/4" plate is thick enough. Look at the bow in the image above. It wasn't clamped flat. I'm guessing that only half got to adequate temperature due to it being off center on the burner. I also didn't allow it to get hot enough.

The small block was a good test but the larger blocks may be a different beast, requiring rivets to work instead of clamping alone.

Lastly, I rushed it and got sloppy. Back to the drawing board.

Many thanks to my sponsors!
    Bitspower

Galaxy

HardwareLabs

As I see this one step ahead. but 3 steps back but an huge learning step, and I love what you have done with your flow indicator.
    The weather is Improving fast now so I should be back in my workshop. instead of stalking you.