Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: Bärsärkar-gång

Default Re: Bärsärkar-gång

Quote Originally Posted by Cheron View Post
    As I see this one step ahead. but 3 steps back but an huge learning step, and I love what you have done with your flow indicator.
    Thanks Cheron! It is a huge learning but that's what keeps me going. Someone at Bit-tech linked to Mokume-Gane. Amazing stuff that says it can be done if I'm persistent.

Edit: Going to try it again stay tuned. I've got a date with an oxy-acetylene torch.

No flex here. Those are 1" steel blocks.

While Barsarkar-gang is still very much on, things have been moving slowly. Although I don't have much to show, you might enjoy seeing this.

I'm taking a community college course in jewelery making in part to understand how mokume-gane is made. Its so similar to the fired water blocks that it kinda warrants some investigation.

I'm also trying to learn how to turn these into something.

Those are laser cut brass pieces for the on off switch. Take a look at the base of the case in this render

It's the Bioshock 2 logo done in brass.

I've just started soldering the cityscape pieces together when I can steal the time. Most of the pieces are just set in place but it should give you an idea of just how fine a job that Vintage Laser did. My soldering job? Not so much. I've got some serious cleanup to do.

Unfortunately, I need a better magnifying glass as my eyes aren't what they used to be. Yup, that's small. Now you can see why I needed the jewelery training.

That's about all I've got for now. I'm going to swamped at work for the next month so there won't be much progress but I'll be back soon with more. Thanks for watching!

Many thanks to my sponsors!

Bitspower

Galaxy

HardwareLabs

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I love the brass logo! I suppose the quality of your soldering depends on the look you're going for here. Is this to be before the fall of Rapture (shiny and new, possibly burnished) or after (old-looking in various ways)? If the latter your soldering could actually add to the effect.

Edit: Your "shoddy" soldering put my best work to shame, by the way.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I love your soldering and I know what you talk about with those small pieces. I myself make Transformers (the electric part not the toys) and our customs can be very small.

I like the logo and good luck on the cleaning up.

Also good luck on your work. I am in about the same situation our national train company decided that all train transformers need replacing this year and that is a hell of an extra load on our daily job.

Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    Is this to be before the fall of Rapture
    Thanks blue! After the fall but I've got some plans for patina so I need it as clean as I can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheron View Post
    I myself make Transformers (the electric part not the toys) and our customs can be very small.

Also good luck on your work. I am in about the same situation our national train company decided that all train transformers need replacing this year and that is a hell of an extra load on our daily job.

Thumbs up.
    Thanks Cheron! Got pics of the transformers? I love the little fiddly bits that go in meters and electronics. They're like little magic boxes waiting to be taken apart.

Good luck with your work too. Its slightly inconvenient when work interrupts the fun no.

I would love to show some pictures.. but I only have pictures of the bigger ones (and those are mistakes I made, so it wont happen again)

Excellent work, Mach! I do so love mokune-game...

You have a bit more to read, and I have some pretties for you to look at-I think I just retook the craziest material ever from you. And if that doesn't, well, I may have the most expensive material ever as well...

Enough about me, though. This is amazing work (had to catch up, just got satellite installed) and I can't wait to see how it turns out!
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Cheron

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Excellent work... I may have the most expensive material ever as well...
    Thanks Kayin and regarding your unobtanium

pics or it didn't happen

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    I've got some plans for patina so I need it as clean as I can get it.

Of course you do. Undoubtedly some arcane formula centered around unicorn urine.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Lol...you don't know how close you are