Thread: I won 3rd Place!!! L.F.N.E TF2

Default I won 3rd Place!!! L.F.N.E TF2

DISCLAIMER

*In case any one who played is on this board, I am not saying anything to be derogatory, I simply am excited and I apologize for words/phrases like owned, dominated, etc. My opinions of the mod contest, mod, and winner are of my own and apologize if they aren't agreed with.*

TF2 TOURNAMENT:

Thursday night my brother told me a team was looking for a 6th for TF2. They had me try out for a spot as scout so I had to vs. the leader scout v. scout. We each got each other once, and then I proceeded to Dominate him. So I got the spot, yay!

Intel Lanfest Nor'Easter: We Placed 3rd out of 9 teams I believe. The team that beat us from getting into the 1st/2nd place match was a semi-pro/mid level cevo team from Canada. We could have had them the last round. It was 5-1, but 4 times we got to their 5th point and just got back capped. Good games, much better than the first time we faced them. I had a great time, and I got a position as a ringer for a real team because of my performance!!! The team that beat us proceeded to get destroyed by a semi pro/pro cevo team.

Awesome time, prizes weren't good at all, but I could care less. People were frustrated though, as $15k+ of swag was given out for doing nothing yet teams winning the tourneys were getting t-shirts. We got a t-shirt for 3rd in TF2, 1st got a tshirt and a 30$ set of memory. Yet people random draws were getting 1k i7's. Good times though, I was happy.

MOD COMPETITION:

I met the guy who won the mod contest. I couldn't enter as I just wasn't done because of my surgery. To say the least I wasn't happy with his demeanor. His mod was quite nice, but he was quite an ass. It could have been just winning and being excited but he when he walked away from me during our conversation, it made up my mind about him. Plus implying TBCS was too small a site to worry about posting the mod here made me a bit irritated. I kept it all away from him so he couldn't tell that but, it was a slap in the face to me and this site. He may be a great guy, but it didn't show in my experience with him. He may have designed the entire case, but it was a wallet mod. And unless he is hulk they broke the initial designed rules so he could win. I told him he should really take the time to join our community and post the mod for every one to see, and that is when he walked away.

EDIT: And congratulations Rendermandan!!!! Dark Carbon on the front of CPU magazine is amazing! A copy was at every seat at the lan! I was like "ya, I watched that being built week by week. Fricken amazing!". Awesome job! This deserves a thread on its own, I just haven't noticed if its been mentioned yet!

Default Re: I won 3rd Place!!! L.F.N.E TF2

Congratulations! Sounds like you had allot of fun.

In response to the Mod Competition. .
    People who don't pay attention to you aren't worth your time anyway. Imo
    He is now classified under the title: Mod Turd.

Thanks. It was fun. I stayed up like 40 hours though lmfao. Felt like a hangover when I woke up, ughh. Got to meet/watch Papa Smurf / Technasty among other great TF2 players. We really gave the semi-pro team a run for the money the second time we played them. Even if we won we would have gotten destroyed against Papa Smurf/Technasty's team.

Like I said, it could have just been the event and all the attention, as he seemed okay in his thread over on bit, but I didn't walk away with a good opinion then at the very least. We could meet again under different circumstances and things could have a chance to feel different, but to be honest I don't know if it would.

As for the mod itself, it was very nice. It was quite beautiful tbh. But as everyone knows as I've mentioned it before, and gotten flamed by a few, I do not prefer wallet mods, even if they were the designers. That is just me though. Design is only the half of it. He did do a few things himself but I was disappointed when I asked if he did certain things/most things and the response was just, "Na, this is cnc'd, this is waterjet, this is cnc'd", etc. I will say he had amazing wire management skills, aside from the hard drive running on the table beside the case with the wires running through wholes. Not sure what that was about so I dismissed it as an issue. Beautiful mod, but I just didn't walk away with the feeling that I met a great humble modder.

Also, I guess it was possible that he could have been able to carry the computer but that would have been at the very least hernia causing. It had huge slabs of granite in it. The rules clearly stated that the one modder had to be able to carry the case all the way to the finals table, and out of no where they didn't have any one move their cases. Even though I had talked to the guys running it the first morning of the LAN and it was still in effect, and they were going to have everyone bring their boxes up front. Other wise I would have brought Project: Nightrain (2) and entered that in it's current state instead of the lanbox lite.

Is awesome

What an awesome story. Isn't TF2 great?
    You love my sig.

Could you post a link to his case? I would like to see it.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

congrats

Here you go for a link to case.

It is a beautiful mod, don't get me wrong. My experience was just soured a bit.