Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why wont it stay on?? help plz

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: why wont it stay on?? help plz

Windows is loading, correct?
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Fresh Paint

nothing is loading... i dont have a cd drive yet, i was just trying to c if it would turn on and show something but nothing... remeber this is its first turn on and my first build so i have no idea whats going on @(

Check these extra power supplies are plugged in if they are present on your MOBO and GPU:

1) Next to the CPU - an 8 pin or 4 pin extra motherboard power socket

2) On your PCI-E graphics card - one or two 6 or 8 pin extra power connectors.

Without these connectors being plugged in you won't boot to anything.

CB

Fresh Paint

yes they a r both in i also have the 4 pin into the the hhd, SATA from hdd to mobo and the power and reset that came with the case, will not have a cd rom prevent it from working?

Quote Originally Posted by l7.64ss View Post
    yes they a r both in i also have the 4 pin into the the hhd, SATA from hdd to mobo and the power and reset that came with the case, will not have a cd rom prevent it from working?
    With a PSU, CPU, GPU and some RAM you should still be able to boot to the post screen and get a missing O/S message. You do not even need a HDD at all to boot to post let alone a CD.

You do not even need a HDD or CD to have a fully working PC with an operating system - this can be loaded into ram through PXE boot over the network at bootup time.

No CD is not the issue.

CB

Fresh Paint

ok....well i have a x58 mobo and that comes with a digital screen at the bottom that is suppost to show a certain number if there is a proplem and it is showing f6 and f3 and thos r not in the mobo instructions, this is really pissing me off i was so pround to biuld everything my self (all self thought) then all this bull****, btw thx for all ur help crazy buddhist and nevermind

So next step phone tech support at the manufacturer and ask them what those codes mean or do a google search for them with your mobo model.

It isn't over yet. Just take it one step at a time.

Hey what is the MOBO ??? is it an EVGA???

CB

Fresh Paint

evga x58 sli le, i am thinking about calling geek squad, this is over my head and no one can tell me what the problem is, it is all very unmotivating

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

If you can't figure it out, chances are, geek squad can't either. When my uncle had a problem with his, it was that The extra 4 pins of the 20+4 pin plug that goes into the motherboard weren't plugged in.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Well, looking at the POST codes for your MBB in the manual grabbed from here, there is no code for F6 or F3. This would tend to indicate to me that your northbridge is hosed. Try resetting the CMOS. I believe that model has a CMOS reset button, but just to be sure, I would pull out the CMOS battery, leave it out for about 5 minutes to let the residual charge clear from the caps, then put it back in and try booting again. Also, when testing a system, I tend to pull everything out except for the MBB, CPU, PSU, and minimal RAM. Also, for future notice, you never, ever want to start up a system without any thermal paste. The crappy stuff they put on the stock heatsinks is fine for testing, but you never want to just have bare metal-on-metal.