Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Optimus keyboard info to be released Feb. 1st

Default Re: Optimus keyboard info to be released Feb. 1st

Just check out my updated thread.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ead.php?t=5193

It's a rip. In Soviet Russia keyboard types you!

Fresh Paint

Default Mr

I think it will be very useful for all of us.
    I hope this information help us to improve.

Ivancin

You know, instead of a bunch of individual screens on individual keys, it seems more logical to implement a programmable, touch-screen LCD.

Much more functionality, much more personalization.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

We should have something like what Digg has for their threads. Like the Dig-it and the Bury-it option.

I would Bury this thread if I could right now. At the least, it should be closed. I mean c'mon, we've only been talking about a product that everyone despises and that no one (at least our regulars) has any interest in for months now.

Necro of a good thread = good

Necro of a bad thread = bad

Makes sense to me.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Well, I agree and disagree. I would like this keyboard if for some reason it had color keys and the price was under $400. If someone has any news like that then they should revive the thread.

That's classified.

Even budget PDA's have touch-sensitive LCD screens. I don't understand the problems with implementing a new input device.

My 2-year old PDA (less than $400 brand spanking new after release) can do handwriting recognition and has a customizable and re-programmable keyboard built into the touch-screen LCD.

I'm sure a 10" wide, 4" tall touch screen LCD could be mounted flat on feet with an additional 1" strip for handwriting recognition across the bottom.

If you follow digital tablets at all, I'm sure a digital keyboard would work in the same vein. And you would only need a low-resolution, low-sensitivity for this kind of application. Budget ditial tablets can be found in the sub-$100 category.

The technology exists.... It is just a matter of re-allocating it.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mellojoe View Post
    I'm sure a 10" wide, 4" tall touch screen LCD could be mounted flat on feet with an additional 1" strip for handwriting recognition across the bottom.
    I don't think touchscreen keyboards would be as cool as people think. I think that it would probably be harder to type on. I cant really explain it. It would be harder to type without the force of the keys pushing back. I'm sure people would adjust but i think i would prefer a standard keyboard.

That being said, i think the optimus keyboard would be a better option than an touchscreen.

Edit: While thinking about it, touch screens would have some cool possibilities. You could work in a world beyond buttons and keys. You could for instance:

Resize your keyboard

Have sliders (volume control) and menu navigation.

Program specific applications, Imagine opening your favorite music player and having part of your keyboard turn in to an equalizer.

Dynamic key layouts, Imagine your playing a game and you need to access a set of commands fast. you strike the one key and your keyboard shifts to all of the commands you associated with the 1 key. This could also be implemented by using drop down menus.

The possibilities really are endless, but i still stand by what i said above. I don't think many people would really enjoy typing on an touch screen.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

The whole game idea is sweet, I thought of something like that, because games are a major focus of mine, potential career-wise and as a hobby, right before I read all your post luciusad2004... it would be sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by luciusad2004 View Post
    The possibilities really are endless, but i still stand by what i said above. I don't think many people would really enjoy typing on an touch screen.
    I've been doing some thinking....... Don't you normally rest your fingers on your keys? That wouldn't work with a touchscreen, unless you really engineered the screens properly. Not something that is impossible, but would require a lot more work.

A combination of semi-standard keys + touch-screen technology would probably be best. The keys that aren't used as often (Function Keys, Keypad, Home/PageUp/PrtScreen, etc) would work as a programmable LCD. But you would probably end up leaving the QWERTY standard alone.